1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

News - Fiat looking for launching Maserati and Ferrari in India - Maserati Arrived in India

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat bets on luxury cars, charts out plans to launch its high-end sports car Maserati in India
    Source - Fiat bets on luxury cars, charts out plans to launch its high-end sports car Maserati in India - The Economic Times

Frontale.jpg

Few points from ET news article -

• Maserati's rollout on the Indian roads to help Fiat consolidate its brand in the country
    • A team from Maserati's global headquarters visited India in recent months. They had met potential dealers
    • The Italian carmaker plans to open exclusive company-owned stores in major cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore
    • Nagesh Basavanhalli said it is "too early to comment" on Maserati's India launch.
    13 people like this.
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Like the CEO said, this might be just an extrapolation of a study that FIAT would have conducted. JEEP, for which study, and tests were conducted long back, is yet to see the limelight, so in my view, this will take good amount of time into future to happen
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Big Big Declaration. Might take time??...Likely Yes !!!....But still big step forward if you go by by Fiat's Marketing standards in india atleast.
    And that Maserati shoiwn above appears to be one of the most beautiful car i have seen in long time .
    Seriously in india of what ever little i have seen, Jaguar was the only brand i felt that had a sense of Power, fluidity and "sexiness" attached to it's cars. And this Maserati shown above is taking it to another level .
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The Maserati coming to India is good news. One for the brand and the other to fulfill the ambition of selling 50000 Maseratis by end of 2015. A few units from India will do no harm to this exercise.

Would love to see the quadraporte 3.8 litre V8 on our roads. A beautiful car with a lovely exhaust note :cool:

A few youtube videos of Maserati will get you hooked.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    What about the service & spares ? A guy paying millions would expect highest level of service which FIAL is incapable of.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A few drool worthy Pics. Photo credits to the respective owners.

I simply love this Quattroporte, irrespective of how it compares to its competitors, this one simply pulls the strings in the heart like no other. :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The exhaust note. There are tonnes of videos of the exhaust note on Youtube, listen to the note and enjoy.

Saji Babu, cassini, Revv and 5 others like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  8. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    WOAH!!! I saw this news today morning. Just hoping FIAT will work on this seriously. After JEEP if they come up with MASERATI, it will get them back 90's lost glory in INDIA.
  9. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Definately Maserati is a beutiful car & FIAT should bring it to India but this will be launched as a seperate entity with independent dealership network selling only Jeep, Maserati & Grand Cherokee. I don't think it will improve numbers for FIAT cars ie Linea & Punto sale in India.
    Again these are high premium luxury cars, for FIAT itself to capture 5% market share, they need a mass production car like Uno, Panda etc. Or may be Freemont so that Linea owners car upgrade.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Isnt Avvy gonna add some sales boost, ofcourse may not be 5%, but still they will have 3 products. So some of the folks can shut their mouths of cursing FIAT having only 2 products. Next comes Abarth punto perhaps ;)