1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by aroon25, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aroon25

aroon25 Timido

Chennai
    Hi all.
    This is my first post to TFI, I am planning to buy LINEA MJD 1.3 EPk.
    I did look at choices as Verna D , Vento TDI, but, I liked Linea ::D .

About my usage, I travel between Bangalore, Chennai and Madurai, at least twice a month , so monthly running shall be in the order of 2500 KMS to 4000 KMS,
    till now my work horse is Swift VDI ABS, done around 145000 KMS. I adore its, handling, steering feed back ( in-spite it being a EPS ) , milage, NVH , Maruti service etc.
    the one sore area is its stiffly sprung suspension setup.

I have finalized on linea .. oops it seems SX4 D is geared up to upset the party !!!! in the sedan segment.
    Come June one will have
    1. New Fiesta
    2. SX4 D
    3. Verna RB ( ' Shoplifted ' oops Face lifted Verna )
    4. Vento D
    5. Aveo D ( with 1.3 MJD/JTD )
    6. New Octavia with 1.6 TDI
    7. Nissan Sunny D
    8. Etios D
    to name a few,

Once SX4 is launched, it might out sell in that segment, till at least the arrival of Etios D .
    So when will fiat launch 1.6 MJD linea ? any insight in to this..?
    I , along with many TFI members, are asking fiat for 1.6 MJD.
    It does not make any sense just with 1.3 MJD in that segment.

BTW what r the pros in TFI feel about this.
    Bye
    aroon25
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Aroon. Welcome to TFI. ::T
    There is no clear idea regarding Linea 1.6MJD. It might be here in 2-3 months or it might take more than 1 year. FIAT is currently aiming at bringing a small car to India.

Out of the cars you have listed, SX4 and Etios are the 2 cars that don't really belong to these.
    Regarding SX4 in 1.3MJD avatar, it will surely sell as it is made up of a very light rattling chassis from "Maruti" (my senior owns one). Etios is a Toyota even if it has cheap plastics.
    Verna, Fiesta and others are good cars though.
  3. aroon25

aroon25 Timido

Chennai
    Hi and thank you PaddleShifter,
    I agree to about the fit and finish of Maruti the body and door rattling has been in my swifts( VDI and ZXI ) from their first month.

Fiesta and Verna are good cars, fiesta is at the end if its shelf life, when the new fiesta is launched, should go the ikon way in the comming years. Verna , it is a boat on road .
    I liked Vento but 4 to 7 months waiting is bit long for me.
    So in your opinion what should I do go with 1.3 MJD or wait for 1.6 MJD for 2 or three months .
    Please advise.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Aroon, 1.3 is powerful enough for a guy like me so my personal opinion would be to go for 1.3 itself.

I hope you know that Linea 1.3 is faster than Cedia, Octavia, Cruze and every other car upto 12 lacs when we compare 30-80 in 3rd gear or 40-100 in 4th gear.

0-100 or outright acceleration isn't as good as cars like Chevy Cruze, Honda City because of different gearing and smaller engine etc. but then you have much less turbo lag as compared to Cruze (0-100 in 9sceonds) but slower in 30-80 and 40-100.
  5. Hi Aroon, welcome to TFI.
    Why confused if you have finalised ? goahead and book the 1.3MJD. You wont regret the decision.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.