1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Newbie in teamfiat--Need information (keep palio or buy NEW)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Navdeep, May 17, 2011.

1. Navdeep

New Delhi
    Finally got it checked at Elegant cars, Patparganj industrial area. The culprit is ECU (or ACM). The new one will cost me whopping 20k-22k.
    As mentioned earlier as well FIP also needs repair and also need a new battery(DIN 60). So the total cost of repairs is going to be around ~50K including labour.

Need suggestions---- should I go for repairs or get it exchange for new Linea/Punto for 60K. I have checked with one Dealer in Delhi and they are offering exchange on old Fiat cars.
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

MOD NOTE: Moved thread to appropriate section. Take time to read through the forum rules.
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    In my opinion you should go in for an exchange and get a linea or a punto , whichever suits your budget ....
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Go in for a exchange. Check out Punto / Linea as per your preferences. No point lugging the old one around and spending cash on it frequently.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you go to the FIAT Exchange then I am sure you will not get good price. I will say that keep this car with you & buy a new one either Punto or Linea whichever suits to your budget
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    a friend of mine who has a palio is giving him some problems but his family loves the car so much (especially the a.c) that he has asked my help to make his palio in perfect running condition. its a 1.2 petrol. palio definitely has a good fan following
  7. Axn

Axn Regolare

Go to elegant cars, patpargang, They are old fiat hand with the old name of SAMYAK motors. I have seen more Palios than new gen cars there.
  8. @AXN: Vijyant Sir he already been to Elegant and the total cost to get this solved is 50k.

@Navdeep: I would suggest to go for an exchange and buy a punto or linea. Save this 50K and get the exchange bonus. You will save somewhere around 1 lac on a new car.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Navdeep, palio is of course a wonderful car and that too 1.9, Awesome dude, But since you have to spend around 25K to make it stand well in the crowd, and will also get 50K off on exchange of new generation Fiat cars which is a very good deal, The choice is yours buddy, If you ask me my opinion will go for the exchange offer and grab the Punto 90HP
  10. Navdeep

New Delhi
    Finally paid the booking amount for Punto MJD Emotion+ BNW (I really wanted to go for Linea MJD but its going out of my Budget :sadblue )

Anyways though .. still happy with the Punto MJD.

Now small dilemma about the color of Punto. I still have a day to final it.

BNW vs Minimal grey vs Fox Trot Azure..out of these which looks best when new and age gracefully as well ?

Any suggestions?