1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New version punto

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by arunbaboo, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    +1 to that. I agree with you. Its very hard to believe that GC will be raised to 185 from 170. My guess is that there won't be any increase in GC for the Punto. Linea's GC may be increased by giving 16" wheels.
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

What I heard is ground clearance will be 180mm.

Sent from my iPhone
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

^^ Above said is too hard to digest :-D 180mm wouldn't be even for the Linea.Tjet+ has good clearance of 175mm ryt now.So nor the Punto or the Linea will have GC of 185mm!!
  4. Folks I was watching my column in Vijayanext a Kannada weekly(Yes i write articles to VN).found small note about new Punto and Linea.
    it mentioned that MultiAir engine being launched in Jan 2012. but no news about 1.6.Both the cars are face lifted.

Can some open who has access toTeamBHp open a thread?
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

i dont thinks so , multiair engine will come here in india ( i heard that multuair have some problem in engine , not sure) anyways if they even tune up current engine then also no problem ( Evo exterior +current fire(tjet) engine+ evo interior) this will make perfect GP for india !

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

IMO T-JET have 170mm ground clearance.
    And max. Gc have for maruti sx4 only ( 180mm)
    1 person likes this.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

There is no change in the GC for the TJet (it is already 170 mm). Change in GC would be for the MJD which would be the same as that of TJet. The 180/185 being discussed is for the Punto - not sure if they are going to provide 16 inchers in the Punto
  7. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

When they are going to open the bookings for new models in bangalore..?
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Following post from T-bh* , someone posted :
    'Folks, just 'heard' the following points/features
    that are coming in the new face lifted linea
    1. Only 3 variants - active, dynamic an emotion
    2. New active variants will get all the features the
    erstwhile dynamic had. And the new dynamic
    will get all the features of the erstwhile emotion. No more emotion pack.
    3. Audio system and airbags in all variants. Not
    sure if the audio setup is new and/or offers
    better sound
    4. Top end emotion will have rain sensing lights
    and wipers, leathers and alloys 5. New and better fitted interiors in all variants
    6. The best ones in the list, atleast according to
    me - new gearbox and increased ground
    clearance of 185mm. Price increase unknown. I just hope they don't
    mess it up here. Also unknown is what they
    might've deleted from the existing feature list.'
  9. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Lot of speculations on the new models, but no one come up with the exact changes. Only clinton can give us some light. Iam eagerly waiting for the new models. If he can confirm on the features, i will go and book the car..(with out having the TD, i have faith on FIAT).
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Even I read that post. A new gearbox is too good to be true as it may be costly if it is imported. If it is not imported then the same may be shared with the Tata siblings - Vista and Manza

As for the 185 mm for Linea - the 185 mm is the figure that is being quoted by most sources for Punto. GC for Linea MJD shall be increased to the same offered by the TJet