1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New version punto

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by arunbaboo, Dec 14, 2011.

1. arunbaboo

Guys some days back we have booked Grande punto 90hp there are some rumours of launching all new GP 2012 is that you people think we should wait for new version or pick the old version the launch day of the new one will be on jan 03 2012 seen on some web page, guys its full of confusion pls help us
  2. you can wait for the new version!
    its your call!
    i would suggest you wait for tit, it will be getting new feaures and goodies with it! in case you dont like it then, you can bargain the old model for a better price!
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

+1 to what Srikant have said. The launch seems to be near - roomers indicate a Jan 1st week launch. If you do not like the new one, you can always bargain for more deals on the old one. So, I suggest you wait - it is a win-win situation.
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

Wait for the new one, major changes are new dashboard and increased ride height by using spacer nut. The new car should reach the showroom by Jan 1st week.

Sent from my iPhone
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

My suggestion is that you wait for the new model. You can always negotiate later for the 2011 models in case there is not much difference. AFAIK, the new Punto shall have a ground clearance of 185 in addition to beige interiors. It is definitely worth waiting for the 2012 model
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

185 , are u sure mate? No other hatch have 185 mm Gc , 170 mm is good , extra Gc will spoils the looks of Gp....( almost hatches have max ~170-173mm gc )

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

At 185mm , car may not be much stable as have now + for 185mm , they needs atleast 16-17' alloys wheels, which increases cost of Gp lot ( i like to see T jet engine in Gp :) )
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

It is good to wait for the new version. But please keep one thing in mind. It is more likely that the prices may go up or at the least there will not be any discounts on the new model. One more news what I heard was there wont be Emotion Pk anymore. All the features will be available in Emotion. So the base variant active also gets loads of features like stereo, power windows etc etc.There will be lots of chrome in the interiors. Got this info from a trusted source. But even he is not exactly sure what all to expect.
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

I think , fiat should give all safety features in all models ( base to top ) like honda do..
    Fiat needs to do that , then only peoples will looks fiat cars as VFM.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Come on fiat , leaks some information about new Gp ( photos, prices)
    we can not wait more now.. :)
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

I dont think so the GC would be 185mm.Max it would be 175mm.Anything more than that applies for a 4x4 or SUV.

Wait for the 2012 punto!!
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Word has come from the horses mouth - cannot quote the sources, however sources may be mistaken.

As far as price increase goes my guess is that the price shall be raised by some 2 to 4% - but still it would be less than the existing price. Reason being that the higher model features are being provided in the lower model. At this point of time, no company can hike prices by too much. So the net effect would be that emotion pack would be available at emotion prices with a hike of say 2-4% of the emotion price. This price would still be less than the emotion pack price.

I am not sure what would happen with the price of 90 HP or the TJet, but my guess is that both of these should see a price reduction