1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Verna

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, May 12, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got Verna brochure booklet at home. I am sure Hyundai does not miss even a single feature in their brochure. Well. I would love to do a comparo but only when I have access to a regular PC in the evening.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Why not we make it an excel kind of thing where all such features are compared. Not only with the new verna, but with all competitors. There will be 2 benefits, we will know that how better is Linea /Punto compared to others and secondly what FIAT is really missing. Even at many places I was not able to get a full fledged comparison except the basic features and some hyped out versions from some magazines.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    New verna is not going to shake the segment. It has lot of features thats all. Not a match for Tjet any day. Those who buy car for feature will buy it. The waves will remains till the launch of Fiesta. Fiat is not going to loose any share of its customers, since its customers are well informed about the strength of the Linea. But Fiesta is going to beat Vento, City and Verna.
    It will b a fully packed car with excellent driving dynamics. From many reviews I understood that it will not be less than Fiat in terms of cornering capabilities and it will be a fun car especially on a road that has lot of corners. I doubt whether it will be as solid as Linea. They may compromise to gain better power to weight ration. Now Fiat has to really wake the competitor is near. If they want to grab more share they have to fight with Fiesta especially for the customers who like fun part of drive.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    How can anyone pardon new Fiesta's ugly looks.

I'll quote Jeremy Clarkson. He was saying this about a car he found ugly. He said, ''I've seen gangrenous wounds more beautiful than this thing''. :lol:

It perfectly applies to the new Fiesta.

Gurjinder
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Quite agree with you gurjinder, I was following the the New Fiesta for close to 20 minutes and wasn't impressed with the boot job at all. There is a prominent and tall waistline on the hatch which doesn't gel with the boot at all. The boot is tall and small so is totally out of place. Finally we've something to compete with the Dezire.
  6. Fiat is lacking in terms of advertisement and marketing. Look at the feature like supervision console (new Verna) and Voice Command (new Fiesta sedan), these features are already present in Linea. IMO they should talked about every single feature (Bluetooth phone, sms reader, voice command etc.). I came to know about it when I started to look at Linea in depth.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sungoa.. I 100 % agree with what you say.But genuinely speaking how many are there who are not attracted by features ? In all the marketing it's the features that are being marketed. Only those who are familiar with automobiles knows the goodness of FIAT cars. A first time buyer will surely have his preference towards more features and that too hyundai is having a reputation being the 2nd best seller in India. What else would a normal person need. Even though FIAT cars are having the best in class features and the uncompromising ride quality, the marketing part is getting compromised. I love FIAT cars because I have used one and I know well about FIAT. For most people (at least old generation now in their mid 50s) in their minds FIAT is just the taxis and notorious for their poor service reputation.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I agree with you regarding looks. All these cars, City,verna, new Fiesta has looks as if design has done buy a hungry man who started his job in early morning with the condition that he will get his food only after finishing the work and since he couldn't tolerate his hunger he has finished the design some how. Linea is the only sedan below 10L which has elegant look without compromising on simplicity from front as well as back. If one look at any high end premium cars they hall have simplicity in design.

My comparison with Fiesta was on driving dynamics.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I know buddy. My post wasn't directed at you , it was a general post about the Fiesta's looks which i can't digest.

LOL. True.

And there is this new tendency to combine as many design cues as possible in one car.

Like the new Verna. It has European , Korean , Japanese design cues. To satisfy all. But ends up looking like a chopsuey.

Gurjinder.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    have been to Hyundai showroom yesterday to check out new verna. The Rear seat of verna cant accomodate 3 comfortably. I tried to sit in verna with 2 sales advisors & showed them that look at the space. The boot space is also less than Linea. Lookswise the car is imperfect.

5/10 for Verna. 5 marks for 1.6 engine.