1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Verna

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, May 12, 2011.

1. 1 platinum to that.
    -Sat

I clean my car myself , i can relate to what you are saying although it may not for people who spend money on getting it cleaned.
    -sat

May be MultiAir ?is there a diesel engine with that technology?

-Sat

You are right no doubt about it,coming back to influencing the customer i do see a Toyota or Merc kind of hype around Hyundai in India,most of the forums or auto mag don't highlight the issue of stability handling in Hyundai cars at all,I would give five stars to their marketing team,but i also get a doubt whether they are hiring these people to write about their products or their rivals in the market.
    -Sat
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not yet, but will be interesting to have one.

Diesels already have amazing efficiency. With the electro-hydraulic valve actuation, efficiency and power will increase further.

The only factor would be costs, since diesels are already pricier than petrol.

Gurjinder.
  3. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    I am sure a lot of you guys must've seen the latest Hyundai Verna or seen the adds. It looks like a 'cracker' of a car to me. Apart from that stupid TV add for this car , everything about the car appeals to me. It's got a good design , a good set of engines, loads of exciting features inside the car and a rational price tag. Hyundai definitely knows what they are doing , they got their game right ! Every car they've launched so far is a success. And this new car bagged 5000 bookings already ... that's an impressive figure.

This forces me to think - what is FIAT doing about it ? The new Verna is a challenge to the Linea , but none of the automobile sites/magazines don't mention it as if there's only the City and the Vento out there posing as competitors. Same happens in the hatchback segment ; many a times Punto is given the miss in a lot of auto shows and mags.

The Verna with the 1.4 Petrol pumps out a healty 107 PS @ 6300 RPM while as the Punto / Linea 1.4 pumps out only 90 @ 6000. And I am sure , Hyundai gearbox is much better - it works like makhan. The car will easily be as fuel efficient if not more than the 1.4 Punto/Linea. It has a stereo which allows the user to connect their MP3 players / USB without all the jugaads ! ( emotion owners will understand ). It's got an excellent music system , and by that I mean - good speakers. Six airbags , ABS , some hi-funda A/c and a refrigerated glovebox. Must say - very well thought of car .

Why will anyone buy a FIAT when Hyundai is giving out so many goodies unless they are die hard FIAT fans ?
  4. gurjinder

Punjab
    Would be interesting to see the features and prices being compared variant to variant of the Linea and verna.

Is it available anywhere online?

Gurjinder.
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I feel there is only one car which will feel the heat with Fluidic Verna and that is All New Honda City....

Increased petrol prices and Lack of features will kill the sales of City.... already Vento has dented the sales figure now Verna will kill it to the best...
    I have been to a Hyundai Showroom and they are very nicley comparing it with city and making the car look too good when compared to city... I guess in future there will be only few people who will buy a Honda City... Mostly the Pure City Lovers... just like how we people love FIAT...

Just read an advertisement in TOI today that Chevy has further decreased the price of Optra Magnum and it now starts at 8.36 lacs (diesel LS)... This is the heat that the companies are feeling bcoz of Verna....

I feel FIAT should reduce the price of 1.3 MJD and 1.4 FIRE linea and bring on 1.6MJD and promote T-JET to its fullest...
  6. i dont think chevy guys did a good thing with the optra
    as it is it is very much vfm.
    now that will for sure eat into the other cars shares. only thing is that it is expensive to maintain..
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey guys, i drove the 1.6 CRDI today... Well i found the diesel engine responsive though but yea that thrill of driving a FIAT isnt there in this korean beauty.. I drove the TJET for a test drive few months ago and on the same road drove the Verna few mins back, i would ne time vouch for the Fiat as far has car handling and ride quality is concerned. No doubt the Verna 1.6 is awesome as far as interior finishing and acceleration is concerned but when you look at the overall ride quality of the car it drops down.. But yea i enjoyed driving the verna... Its an awesome car... Well i dont mind spending that 10lac on the Verna and am sure it would pic up in the indian market.. As its typically a car which we Indians like for...

Fiat should start thinking and start acting smart at least for the Indian customers to capture the Indian Market

Next week i would test drive the 1.4 probably...
  8. Here is what the newbie thinks about new Verna just in terms of package. I am not an expert about engine, handling etc. and hence just compared the features
    1.4 - It already comes with implicit warning - "Don't buy". It is base of base model. As per the tech spec, you cannot even recline the driver seat :uh
    1.6 Diesel Base - Doesn't have the supervision console. And still costs 60K more than the emotion pack. 1.6 SX is 1.25 L costlier. The vibration and noise level was better than Vento.
    On top of all - 3 months waiting:uh. I had already waited 3 months when I bought swift just after the launch and don't like the waiting game. Toyota guys were boasting about "12 months" waiting period. Hope to get my Linea in 2 weeks, assuming I complete payment in next week:D.
  9. Feature list of ANHV?
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    @sat

Yes, the variants of Linea and new verna being compared side by side. For the same money, Linea offers more is what i feel.

Gurjinder.