1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Verna

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, May 12, 2011.

1. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    all they can do is try and influence the customer , it is upto us the end user to get influenced . And if they influence a majority of the crowd then I guess they have succeeded . Am I not right .
  2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Paa Ji ,

Its not about FIAT having to get 10 out of 10 in everything . Most of the people who have rejected FIATs , atleast from what I understand has been the poor quality interiors . The beige strategy that Hyundai implemented for i10 should be a good example for FIAT and I guess FIAT is following the steps in the coming months .

And products just dont sell cuz they are superb . You have to market them accordingly . If you have the features, market them ,we've had umpteen discussions about FIATS marketing failure . We all know FIAT is a superior machine . The world recognizes it and thats why other companies source their engines from FIAT and not HYUNDAI . BUt if you have the engines then wrap em up with a good packaging and sell them at competitive prices .

11.3 lakhs was the premium price paid before the car came on for booking so I dont think that would be the eventual cost of the car .

And with todays time I dont think people hold on to cars for as long as a lakh Kms . I may be wrong but i see people changing cars very often .
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    once upon a time there used to be fiat.
    then came the fix it again tony.
    after fixing it again and again,
    it became find it anywhere tony
    now it learned that it has evolved into ,
    first in advanced technology..!!!

and there are helicopters but still people climb Everest on foot,there are speed boats still people swim across canals and rivers , there is such a range of car still people learn and do horse riding.

preference for life is not always easy armchair comfort for everybody. it differs from person to person as much unique they are.

i do not like Japanese and Korean cars for the reason they show too much obligation through their product like technically perfect ,trouble free, never dying etc which literally stealing the character of a product making it just a machine.
    well none of us would prefer sitting in an ac room surrounded by servants 365 day but we need certain kind of adventure to feel we are living.

fiat has such quality as much like as a brat and infamous like a celebrity.

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The ones who rejected FIAT for 'poor quality' interiors must have lapped up ANHC's comparable to BMW 7-series interiors, with amazing rotary knobs for fan speed and temperature control :mrgreen:.
    I mean really, the standards for comparison become so different. Not saying to u Paji , but in general.

You cant really change people's perspectives. Sigh...

@jayadev bhai - Toyota is one exception and i have the complete respect for them as car manufacturers.

Gurjinder.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I had been to UK earlier this year and while there I met a guy who is into the vehicle interior designing - he was there to promote his wares at a top UK car manufacturer. I found with him a wide range of fabrics and some pretty high end material and in all sorts of colours. He said the colour preference varied across the globe and in UK and Europe the preferred colour was black and grey while in Far East it was mostly Beige. In India according to him it is a mix. Personally I prefer Black and Grey any day over Beige for regular use vehicles.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I too like the old Palio 1.2 interiors. They were very easy to maintain and also looked classy.

I am finding it very difficult to maintain the Linea interiors.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    only one thing which i find difficult in my punto is getting out of it.

it is very difficult to convince myself that i had enough driving and now it is time to go home. reason is not fiat fanaticism but for

good cozy interiors
    great ride quality
    inspiring steering response
    good brakes
    excellent road grips
    pleasing looks
    armchair comfort due to bluetooth and handsfree fone
    chilling ac and excellent heater (excellent acc)
    more than enough power to keep you pushing
    good FE
    small enough to squeeze through tight traffic but no less feel (than sedan)
    for 7.3lakh
    and ......
    why should i go for or even imagine/think about new verna ..............for media propaganda ?
  8. i will never buy a hyundai..
    why would one buy a car with such poor body build and lots of bling which does not have a heart unlike our babies..
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hello Guys,
    I dont know how true it is . This saturday(14th May) we had a FIAT meet from our dealer(Oberoi Cars Noida). There we had a discussion with Mr Bhaskar from Fiat India. He was the only representative from FIAT india there. We asked him about the new launches by Fiat. He said that there are no launches due for 2011. The next launch will be the small car somewhere in 2012. Thereby it would be followed by possibly a 1.9MJD linea. I dont know how well informed he was but this is what he told us. Neverthless it was a nice initiative by Oberoi cars, Noida. I am just wondering if FIAT will again miss the window and the market.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    1.9 Multijet will be steadily phased out in favour of 2.0 Multijet.

Mr. Bhaskar was probably guessing wildly.

So, rest assured , that the best we'll be seeing in the Linea, if at all it happens, is the 1.6 Multijet.

Gurjinder.