1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Verna

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, May 12, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    No comments, we are with our Fiats, and its growing strong day by day.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Afraid of Dihydrogen Monoxide?

i dont get it why are we continuing this thread ?
    is the same herd mentality (as said by gurjinder) getting infected in fiat forum ?

it is not unusual in india, funny movie stars ,corrupt minister ,bandits and criminals winning in election by huge margins . if you dont get it read the following incident...!!!

3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    I think the thread has veered down to TASS and how FIAT is better. But look at the +ves of this new car. It dwells on the Indian mentality (of the regular Indian). It has everything a guy with 6-8 lakh budget will look for... additional gadgets thrown in for effects, for brand conscious Indians.
    Coupled with a good after sales this car will pick up some Linea / vento / city customers for sure.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Its a Hyundai. So it will sell. Period.

Gurjinder.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i had read somebody mentioning about hyundai cars" there are good cars and there are bad cars ,hyundai makes cars just cars,they are neither good nor bad. so a common man who just needs a car he would find much allurements in it"
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Agree with Jayadev. Hyundai has been most vocally neutral manufacturer and has catered to mass requirement very well. Verna will definitely put a dent to Vento and Honda sales.
  7. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I dont know why would someone dislike Hyundai so much . Agreed FIAT makes cars which are technically good . Good Mechanical s and all that but we all need to agree its not a complete package . A person like me , mind you , am not talking about anyone else here , a person like me who does not get into technicalities would definately look for a VFM package . we talk about high speed stability . I guess 8 out of 10 people drive their car within the city . Not everyone needs to take their car to highways . These Hyundai cars may not score a 10 out of 10 on any aspect but they do score a 7 or an 8 on all features atleast on my score sheet . And thats teh average score I and many more like me would look at . Add to it a quick resale . Hyundai just hasnt become one of the top car manufacturers in the world . They have evolved and are making cars which are really good . I dont think they should be sidelined calling them Koreans . Even KIA is doing good nowadays . BUt I read a review about this car on TBHP and the person paid 11.3 lakhs OTR for the full options . IMHO this is way higher that the TJET . Correct me if am wrong .
  8. I own a Emotion pack, other than Sunfilm and Seat covers I did feel like adding anything else to the car , so to me it was complete package,it hard for me to agree Punto/Linea aren't complete packages.

I don't hate Hyundai but only their pricing and hype they create.
    -Sat
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Will someone pay 11.3 Lakhs OTR to use it as a city commuter only? To buy veggies or to take the pet to the veterninary?

And the one who does take the car to the highway should not feel bad about the boat like handling because the car will be ok in the city? I dont buy that argument.

They are making good cars now?
    Thats bollocks.

You only need to survey the car market to see the number of engines in the older diesel Verna being re-conditioned at about a lakh kilometres or less. About the Accent CRDi, the less said the better.

The new Verna is yet to prove itself in the long term. Internationally, i do not know what Hyundai's reputation is. But in India, its not that rosy in reality.

Im no anti Hyundai fanatic, but facts are facts.

And how the standards change when comparing any other manufacturer.
    If Hyundai, people are ok with 7 or 8 out of 10. And if it is FIAT, it has to be 10/10. Even if its 9.5/10 , what everyone's gona say - "FIAT is a big failure buddy , it only has 9.5/10. Its a FIAT na."

Gurjinder.