1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Verna

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, May 12, 2011.

1. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

+1, Chevy cruze would be my choice as well....
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I totally agree with you here. Why is that many people defend such cars by saying how many times you will do 130kmph when we talk about handling. Another incident was when Toyota launched the Altis diesel. People who had a problem with a 9 lakh rupee Linea coming with a puny 1.3L engine suddenly felt a 14 lakh rupee Toyota with a 1.4L 90bhp engine was VFM! Same theories again, why you need more power? when you can do 130kmph in our country? The joke is people saying the Altis diesel is a perfect city car with the 1.4L engine having adequate power for city driving. I was amazed that people here buy 14-15 lakh rupee cars for city driving! Maybe they have BMW M series and Porsches as their first car then!
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

My preference for next car (2 years from now) : Fiat Diesel (1.6+ ltrs in 9-10lac bracket) Used Chevy Cruze (7-8Lakhs) Ford(new models at that time) Renault Diesel, Toyota Diesel or a Honda Diesel (if at they launch one and Ground clearance is adequate)

I will not go with Hyundai for various reasons including thier sales person attitude and spare parts cost and low quality sheet metal they use which starts rusting sooner than expected. & Maruti or Suzuki cars are not in my list for the cheap car they make and i had enuff sleepless nights owning thier Swift Vxi they couldnt solve the engine knocking after several visits to thier Service Centre and spending 10k+ in rupees....
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Forget handling, build quality etc, people who look for these characters would buy All new Fiesta , Cedia, Optra, Cruze, Linea.

Recall Etios, they are selling like hot cakes even it is 900KG car, who cares, it is spacious, decent mileage, 120 it can handle with ease.

Verna numbers would be great and it will surely be a hit product for Hyundai. I am very happy for Hyundai treating us with so many options in just one Launch. I would never buy a Hyundai, but company is serious about their business in India
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. At least, I succeed in making my dad's friend test drive the ANHV and cancel his VW Vento 1.6 D booking. :p
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Slightly OT - I heard that Vento's booking cancellations have gone up? I don't have any statistics to prove though. Any idea???

Also, did a TD of the new Verna yesterday from HMP. I would say that it is a good overall package from Hyundai. I have requested the car to be brought to be taken on an highway for a real test. Hoping to complete it by early next week :D
  7. i test drove the vehicle. (1.6 petrol top of the line variant)
    the interiors are better..
    steering had a mind of its own...
    over poth holes it is the same like the previous one.
    a small hump and its ass would be swaying up and down un necessarly.
    i did 120 on the speedo..
    did not want to push it hard.. its a new engine..
    i liked the remote control of the car though.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    For any new launches and the head-on comparisons the one being launched gets the highest rating, so its so obvious that these mags are not so reliable sources of info. Its business and business means money, and luckily Fiat doesn't know business, so very rare chance of Fiat appearing in any articles for comparison.

As for the New Verna, I am really impressed with the engine options they have provided, and on the looks,some of the lines from i20 have been extended and I like the segment 1st stuffs like the 6 airbags.
  9. for the thick sheet they use for making cars. those extra safety features are a must..
    the other day on a highway an innova and auto(tata ace) collided head on. both vehicles had damage on the driver side.
    the damage to the auto was a little less. the driver side got a little compressed...
    only external damage..
    the innova had a broken bumper, bent bonnet, bent fender and door.
    plus oils and other fluids were leaking..
    had that been a fiat breaks would have worked in first place and then, if any accident of such sort might have occoured, there would not have been that much damage to the car
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

One thing you have to give to Hyundai, there street smart management. They have very nicely weighed the segment and taken positives from all cars and then told customers, you want such and such feature, it is there in Verna, and at a lesser price too. Indian Customer Very Happy, paisa bach gaya, gaadi kharid lo, verna....nuksan ho jayega.

They have again been very street smart with their servicing. Do not provide small parts, but provide a unit as whole (there are some stories about Hyundai regarding the steering column of the AT version i10) :cry:. The problem that can be overcome by changing a rod head (don't know exact technical term), will be overcome by replacing the entire rod assembly. That is the Hyundai philosophy of servicing :rolleyes:. Everybody is happy with this: manufacturer; of course, dealer; of course, customer; of course because he got a new part rather than a teeny weeny head. Only a discerning customer will feel disturbed with this philosophy, but the percentage of such discerning customers is minuscule.
    Last edited: May 16, 2011