1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Verna

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, May 12, 2011.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    This thread was much needed, I was expecting one to get started.

When I planned to upgrade from Palio 1.2, I had only two options in my Mind

1. If budget is constraint, select Accent 5.5 L On road, I bet this car is sheer VFM
    2. If have budget go for TJet +

Hyundai is one company, which plays well both selling over priced Car (i20) a well packed getz/accent/ VFM and a much needed the new verna with whole lot of options killing the competitors in one launch

Many have said and I again repeat. FIAT customer are the ones who are well informed and looked for value in every cent of the purchase. It is high time for FIAT to come with 1.6 Dualogic sunroof and what not ;) .. I bet FIAT wont listen, Hyundai will go to #1 FIAT will remain here in India at this place

I chose FIAT purely for driving pleasure, build quality, engine, ride and handling

Just my thoughts
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    read this :
    http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-advice/reviews/new-hyundai-verna-1st-drive/8229/3

Last para:
    It offers a rather decent balance between ride and handling, and the numerous engine options will go a long way in catering to a variety of customers. So, to answer the question of whether Hyundai has managed to make the car spectacular, I will say that they have come mighty close and the likes of the Volkswagen Vento, Honda City and the upcoming new Ford Fiesta had better take notice. On a similar note, the SX4 petrol and diesel, the Toyota Etios and the Ford Fiesta Classic should also be aware of this new kid on the block.

Where the hell Linea is in the comparo?? Article doesnt even mention it....
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    ^^ I guess this Vikram Gour guy suffers from selective amnesia. Or is feigning selective amnesia.

We all know what kinda reviews these auto shows and mag's are gonna give. And most of the internet crowd is waiting for a review from the 'review god' of " the definitive indian auto blah blah" .

I was an avid reader of these magazines , but stopped buying them when i realised that they were just mouthpieces and peddling whatever they were paid to.

Gurjinder.
  4. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree Gurjinder, Those B*s are under the name "educated auto enthusiasts" sell their words and paper to the highest bidders. They dont even know the difference from a car and The Car. All happily ignored Palio in many of the comparisons, then Punto and Linea. This is not new. Guess like the govt babus function they too follow the same. Be Realistic.

FIAT is in my blood, however I do not say that FIAT is the only "The Car". There are better automobiles out here than the only ones they claim are the best.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I feel Vento will be unaffected. It's biggest strength over the Verna is that it's a VW over a Hyundai. Initially we may see a flood of Verna sales but I feel it will taper down and Vento will take the lead again.

If I was in the market today for a mid-size sedan, I would still buy the Vento 1.6 TDi. The Verna is typically Hyundai, lifeless steering & soft suspension while the Fiesta looks horrid. City is too expensive for a petrol and Linea is outclassed now with all new mid-sizer's coming with far superior 1.6L engines.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bigger and more powerful is a better description than terming them superior.

Gurjinder.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    have anybody manoeuvred a boat . i do sometimes when i go for fishing in weekend.

bigger engine (from yamaha/honda)means more expensive and luxurious boat will be.

yet a boat will remain boat.

why not we end it here.

8. My colleague has Polo 1.6 he is struggling to escalate the issue faced in his car, ASS seems to be pathetic at lease in Bangalore, how does all the Fiat bashers react to this?
    I would I rather buy car where i can reach the people with powers to be when something really goes wrong.
    This car would never make it to my garage, some how Hyundai fails to convince me in terms of build quality and handling, I have read the comment many folks when you will go at 130Kmh ? i might not go all the time but when i touch that speed , i don't want pray to god for my safety.
    It's appalling to see so called automotive experts in various forums are excited about 16. with 129BHP but play down the handling, what's the use of those horses if you can use them?

-Sat
  9. Prices - Ex-Bangalore

Petrol
    1.4 : 7.08
    1.6 : 7.74
    1.6 SX : 8.35
    1.6 SX (O): 9.06
    1.6 SX (O) AT: 9.77

Diesel
    1.4 : 8.2
    1.6 : 8.86
    1.6 SX : 9.47
    1.6 SX (O) :10.17
    1.6 SX (O) AT : 10.89

Modelwise Features

Picture1.jpg
    Last edited: May 14, 2011

10. I would rather buy a Chevy Cruze than this, as it's near to it's territory in pricing.
    -Sat