1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Verna

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, May 12, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Cinju- This scoop has already been put to dust by FIAT India as per the same blog, as per what I heard from other TFIans. There won't be any 1.6 or Dualogic as per FIAT India.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    OOps...sorry dude..I didnt go through the whole blog..I was so happy to see the 1st post & out of enthusiasm I posted it here.. That's bad...
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    OT-

@Cinju

Yes i read about it a while ago and most probably the one who posted seems to be bluffing.

It is a worldwide practice to offer automatic trannys with the bigger engine, not the smaller one. Agreed that the Dualogic is a semi-auto, but it makes no sense to offer it in the cheaper option.
    Technically also, mating an auto box with a less powerful engine makes no sense.

The ones looking for auto boxes are the ones who are willing to pay extra, and they wont pay extra for a 1.3 with an auto.

Gurjinder.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Slightly OT - When I was at ASC to get my Punto serviced the SA told about T-Jet getting a possibility of Inter cooler. Now what would be the BHP - 135 odd if I remember right.

But 1.6 MJD is coming, Fiat dusted it or not.
  5. Appreciate the new high BHP engines , but seriously I would be praying if the speedo goes beyond 100 Kmh,it needs a superb handling chassis to push the engine.

-Sat
  6. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    With the launch of new Verna Linea will be facing more competition Fiat India should bring the 1.6 ltr MJD as soon as possible.
  7. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Hyundai has introduced large number of variants for the new Verna and four engine options to suit every prospective buyers needs and liking also the old Verna has been selling in good numbers so the new one will definately affect the sales of other models available in the segment.
  8. any one knows about the actual power at the wheels??
    and not from the engine....
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    they should use FORD India's stratagy like Fiesta Classic.
  10. For that one need to do the dyno run, right?