1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New to the TF

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mohammed Awais, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Mohammed Awais

Mohammed Awais Timido

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hello Team,

I am new to the group, also new to driving 4 wheelers. I am planning to buy a used car.
    I did some research and find Fiat good. All my friends suggested me to go for Maruti Also or WagonR or Swift. I am not a big fan of Maruti and didn't show any interest. The moment I saw Fiat Punto I just loved it. I am planning to buy a used fiat punto. I would like to take your help in finalizing one.

I work for a software company in Hyderabad and my company provides pickup n drop facility, so only on weekends i would be using it. I guess my monthly drive would be not more that 200-300 KMs, and once in 2 to 3 months I would visit my home town which is around 200 KMs from Hyderabad. I guess my annual KMs run would be around 5K-6K KMs.
    I visited a fiat service station in Hyderabad and technician suggested me to buy Fiat Punto 1.2 petrol.

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.
    Awais M.
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  2. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Awais, Punto 1.2 will be no complaint block for sure. Only knowing that same comes with 1.4 , might make someone uneasy or underpowered though , but that's just emotional one and mind game :) Fiat are safe and great handling cars. Drive first to believe it. Unless abused, the cars are strong and they dont break that easily. More on this cars, can be found all around on this forum. Don't go with typical mindset of having mileage goer cars, cause even though they can give reallly good mileage they are not driven that gently,as the person behind the steering wheel always gets devil behind the wheel. Someone in the forum has said FIAT doesn't has steering, they come with joysticks :) Drive once, and see if your personality can adopt and like this cars, then only go for it. Cause some cases have seen which are later disappointed, and never are able to gel with their cars.
    Mohammed Awais likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Mohammed Awais welcome to Team FIAT.

Looking at usage I would suggest you to buy the Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack which is loaded with all bells n whistles. It will be available at very reasonably price in used car market. It is rare breed in used car market but if you get it nothing will be better than that.

As your usage is limited to weekend 1.4 will do for you though it has lesser mileage compared to 1.2 FIRE.

Airbag, ABS, Alloys, Blue n me, steering mounted controls you say it and it is there in 1.4 Emotion and all these features are missing in 1.2 Emotion/Dynamic.

1.4 is very fun to drive on highways and very smooth too.
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    For the above two reason (together), I wouldn't recommend you a used vehicle.
    a. You are pretty new to driving. You may not be able to judge fault/issue initially (easily), if there are any.
    b. Your limited running, indicate you would keep the vehicle for long.

Nothing against FIAT, but if I had to buy a NA petrol car; i'll rather buy a Korean or Japanese engine.
  5. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    I would recommend the same. If it is petrol please go for Maruti or Hyundai.They are really good. Do not think of Honda as it is overpriced.
  6. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    @Mohammed Awais
    I have switched brands from MSI to FIAT after 25 years. Been driving cars since the age of 10 years. My advice to you: GO for a FIAT. Japs and the koreans may have mileage but are totally UNSAFE!
    Mohammed Awais and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Wait Till Auto Expo, Fiat will Launch the Punto Pure (Grande Punto)
  8. Mohammed Awais

Mohammed Awais Timido

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Dhruv_Sappers and @metal_heart i don't know i did not like the way Maruti Cars looks. Punto just stole my heart :), hence preferring Punto.

@kedarbendre, @Navneet and @Dr Nitin Dutta thanks for the suggestions. I have been trying to look for emotion pack 1.4 on OLX n Quikr in Hyd i find the price hight, 4-5 lakhs. I have checked the same car prices in OLX and Quikr in Pune or Mumbai they cheap in those places. I am little confused why this difference. If i can buy from Mumbai or Pune and transfer with NOC. Can i go with it please suggest. I am considering Petrol only considering my usage please suggest on the same. Thanks
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  9. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mumbai's climate is humid, cars are prone to rust within a year or so, and are generally abused by the heavy traffic, so they are cheap. Moreover the FASS is a worry. The cheap cars in Pune are the ones either from Mumbai passing, manufactured in 2009 or 2010, or run more than 50000 kms.