1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

new to DSLR which one to buy?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by acechip, May 22, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok just picked up the following

Nikon D7000 Body
    Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8
    Tamaron 70-300

Some amazing facts i just found out.
    Tokina : super super sharp even at 1/13s and becuase of such a wide aperture night photography is just a bliss now.
    This just became my favorite lens . I cannot comment less on the sharpness at full wide angle.
    Sample shot, with absolutely no tweaking in PS or any software or any in camera color settings (I dont know any either the camera is just a few hrs old)
    DSC_0098.jpg

For some reason after resizing the quality became bad. folks on my FB list can take a look at it better.
    A view from my balcony
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats on the buy. Enjoy.

The picture seems to have a bit of noise. What was the ISO setting?

Rajan
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Its not actually noisy i dont know what happened when i dowsized the image. I have the same one up on FB and that looks fine.
    Although the ISO is on the higher side by a bit
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If you buy from a showroom you would save at least 3k + 16GB SD card

I bought 600D from Fotocircle, koramangala for 31.5K. They gave 16GB sd card and cleaning kit, apart from the 4GB card and camera bag that canon gives. Flipkart quotes RS.33945 for the same.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Received my EOS 600D neatly packed with carry case, 4GB card in the package, one of my lifetime wishes to hold a true slr, started reading all the details from the manual will take some time to be comfortable with the shots.. :)

My REBEL Canon EOS Digital 600D .. :ugeek:
    canon-eos-rebel-t3-top1.jpg front.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    one thing i noted on this purchase is this.
    Flikpart which is known to be cheaper than other retailers apparently is super duper expensive when it comes to cameras at least.

Eg, my D7000 is quoted at 57000(body only) on flipkart, while foto circle quoted 46000. That's a massive saving.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Sham how much did you end up paying for the Body, wide angle and the Tamron one.

Nikon D7000 Body - 46/47K?
    Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 - ??. want your views on this specifically. Lets meet up at your leisure to test this lens :)
    Tamaron 70-300 - Just a guess (29k?)
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Nikon D7000 - 46,000
    Tokina 11-16 - 41,000
    Tamaron 70-300 - 28,325

Tokina is super super sharp . I really didn't think its going to be such a good lens.
    Let me give you a very critical review .(very very critical outlook)
    at 11mm there is slightly barrel distortion if you look closely. For the average photographer its not visible at all.
    Its a bit softer on the extremeties , again you need to look very very closely to figure it out.

But the biggest + is amazing sharpness . Just to give you an example . The sharpness i used to get while using canon + 55-250/18-55 + photoshop == Tokina 11-16.
    Its that good.

Tamaron 70-300

I havent used this lens much since ganesh festivites need a wide angle lens but when i tested this at the showroom i found its better in AF than the Nikon's 70-300 and the latter is a good 8K more than tamaron.
    the AF is really fast on this tamaron even in low light (indoor conditinos specifically).
    I need more time to give you detailed info but since i'm leaving out in 2 days , not much wait ,I must say ;-)
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    When buying mine, I checked with foto circle, sheethala cameras, and GK vale. Rejected GK vale as MRP sellers, no price bargain with them. Checked with Sheethala over phone, and then used their quote to negotiate with foto circle. I told them I dont need the basic tripod they give free, at least as of now. Instead negotiated without losing the scandisk 16GB class 10 SD card. Sheethala offered an 8GB card. In addition, they gave a cleaning kit too, costing 800 or so.
    Foto circle seem to be good people and are in this business for years now. They are authorized dealers too, for Canon.
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Anyone interested to by a DSLR in Chennai, please contact me. I will put you onto a good person who will work out things to suit the individual's requirement.