1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

new to DSLR which one to buy?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by acechip, May 22, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    How sharp an image does tonika produce at full wide angle

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My experience with Tokina+D7000 is that the images are very sharp. But, the images always go over exposed and I stick with -2 setting with the exposure compensation when using Tokina.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That's exactly why i asked you. I had only read about the tonika lens and didn't want to believe everything i read so wanted some first hand info.
    Thanks . Mostly i will pick up the D7000 only
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    What is the difference between Nikon D3100 and D3200 and Canon EOS 600D apart from the megapixels which one's have good features for the budget buyer
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't know about Canon. D3200 has better sensor than the D3100. If you are looking for an entry level DSLR from Nikon, its D3200 all the way.
    2 people like this.
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I have only heard great things about sharpness of Tokina 11-16 and its a dream for me to own one when I take the Landscape photography little more seriously. Right now my 16-85 is doing the job for most of the time.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Here you go
    Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

There are many parameters to look for when you pick up your DSLR so that should give you a good comparison.

On another note what i've found through research and personal usage is even though canon and nikon make mid range DSLRs with APS-C sensors. I've always found that nikon's sensors are bigger (up to 10-11%) than canon . This really makes visible difference in PQ
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    theblack did you check for Samyang /Rokinon 14 mm 2.8 lens ? Tokina 11-16 is a very popular lens indeed & great quality. The reviews are good for the Samyang 14mm on an APS-C camera which is half or even less the price of Tokinon.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Tokina is very good. Still your 16-85 makes much more sense to me as it has got good range. This can be used as an all day lense without having to change frequently.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I visited Croma store to have a look and feel with the camera's man i was bowled by the first shot from Canon series of cameras the cost was bit high so finally decided and booked it online through flipcart Canon EOS 600D