1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Swift's Brakes just don't work !

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by saipv, Jul 23, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is no solution yet from Maruti.

Country's largest carmaker , Maruti Suzuki is re-working the software of its popular Swift hatchback to rectify widespread customer complaints of soft braking at low speeds, but denied any 'technical recall' of the car.

The company hasn't released any other information on the issue as yet and said, "There is no recall of Swift in India. We have not issued any technical or engineering checks on the car so far," the company intimated on a query on the issue.

This is ridiculous in my opinion. This is such basic and serious safety issue which is taken very lethargically by the Auto Company. Even worse, this is not even taken seriously by any automotive forum or Indian consumers. Had it been a Fiat, I just can't imagine what would have happened.

Source - Maruti plans to improve brakes of its popular Swift hatchback - The Economic Times

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

For those who believe that Maruti has excellent customer care, please read this.

Mangalam Singhania, a 31-year-old IT professional based out of Bangalore and the once-proud owner of the new Maruti Swift, was really angry. He had waited 22 days (May 31-June 22) hoping that somebody from Maruti Suzuki would reply to his email and explain why his car wouldn’t stop in bumper to bumper traffic.

But nobody did. And Singhania had already tried everything: Threats of a consumer court case, five visits to authorised Maruti service stations in just six months, and long discussions with the Maruti Regional Service manager in Bangalore. But nothing worked. Maruti refused to acknowledge that there was any problem with the car’s brakes. Frustrated, Singhania sent the company’s customer service department a strongly worded email. That didn’t get a reply either.

Read more: Forbes India Magazine - The New Maruti Swift's Brakes Don't Work
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    This is exactly how I drive though I'm always a petrolhead and never owned a diesel car.
  3. Is the issue with petrol or diesel SWIFT or both?
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

but i Heard that the Maruti can solve this problem by just updating ECU (at FOC)