1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Swift's Brakes just don't work !

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by saipv, Jul 23, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Uphill how do you stop with just clutch? do you release the clutch just enough to make sure that the car stays put?
    If you're doing this then STOP it at once.
    you will ruin you're clutch overnight
  2. State of engine tune in swift does that,there mad rush of power at 2000 RPM.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    My worry is how the nontechnical lady drivers and plain vanilla male drivers driving the new swift would react to such a situation in B2B. Many men may somehow find a way out with some technical thinking. I just hope the former dont see stars when the vaccum runs out. If you see a new swift in your rear view mirrors in a B2B traffic, just pray that God gives him the power to stop.

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would rather prefer him to go past me.

Peace for both.
    For me, need not worry about getting hit at rear.
    For him, the happiness of overtaking a Fiat :D.
    4 people like this.
  5. most of the times i don't know what is the problem with those swift /dezire folks they try to over take my car by doing rash/dangerous driving , i don't respond to them in city but on highway i don't care what they do i maintain my speed.
    I feel like they are trying to prove something against Punto:)
    -Sat
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Once when returnign from office, one swift was behind me trying to overtake on Old Airport Road, near helicopter division. I just kept my lane and continued. At a speed breaker, I applied brake quickly, and slowed down comfortably, but behind me I could hear the Swift screeching to a halt very close to me. I was really lucky that time. I immediately changed my lane and allowed him to proceed. Better lose than being hit from rear! I thought.

BTW, I tried the brake pumping thing today. Nothing special happens to the brake action when pumped while the engine is running. If the engine is switched off, pumping makes the brake hard and the car wont stop, only way to stop is the hand brake. The brake pedal is back to normal the moment the car is started again. I think this is expected behavior.
    I checked this because some earlier posts mentioned about 1.2 users facing some issues.
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I guess many car's today have this vaccum thing. Maybe even other Maruti car's are having this tech. Why then only Maruti Swift & Dzire driver's don't know how to drive?!
  8. Thats the way I stop when in uphill, but not all the time. I do this only in slow moving traffic. I feel this is more safe than applying brakes. When it comes to stopping for long, I use the brakes. Moreover there aren't long flyovers in my city & I might have done it hardly 5 times since I bought the car. Anyways thanks for the advice. :)
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thats more of half clutch driving to prevent the car from rolling back on steep elevations, I do it every day on one of the steep turns in Hyderabad on my way to work. I used to do this with my Alto too. I agree that doing this a lot would bring down the clutch's life, but sometimes thats how you need to drive in certain conditions.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kiran Anna , that places a tremendous load on not only the clutch plate but the clutch release bearing as well.

Use the handbrake to prevent rolling down from steep roads. Apply and release it in perfect timing with the clutch and you'll feel the car take off easily and it won't roll down even an inch.

Cheers.