1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Swift launching on August 17th, 2011

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Arrey guys, Maruti PR is awesome to say the least. Look how everyone is talking about "weight reduction". As if it is some Formula 1 car. ::D

What the Swift needs is to gain weight rather than to lose it. We in Punjab call it a "peepa". Peepa translates into a "tin can".

Gurjinder.
    P.S. Srikar, M800 rocks. It's a totally fuss free car. I totally repent the decision when we sold our M800 after buying the Palio D.

Roy, maan you didnt get the sarcasm by Phew!
  2. gurjinder paaji

less weight means ..more mileage ..no doubt daily 100;s of people die on road due to accidents in these tin boxes.worst part is that common sense is still not prevailing among common people on street..they still think maruthi is best where as they play con games on each and every part of car, compromising on safety of passengers and in turn filling the coffers of parent suzuki ...
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    :uh Duh!
    I accept I didn't fully get your point...
    and I couldn't resist the temptation to let loose at those *features* ;)

Sorry!
    and my post wasn't aimed at you.

Hey, I guess they are promising the Heaven for the buyers :)
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    In Kerala we all know How film stars and superstars are doing business .
    Paid audience and Paid publicity. Even though film would be utter Flop but paid Tv channels to show reviews from people coming out of movie theater who are also paid to say Super hit.must watch etc
    now these kind of movie stars and superstars Rule cinema industry. Nobody can question . These kind of cinema actors decide how they will act whats going to be the script who will be in crew etc. they keep fooling the mob,finally public looses interest in cinema and theaters .
    Car is no exception.
    my first reaction when i planned for an economy Car was swift an year and a half back.
    then i was forced to come down to ritz due to lot of reasons from dealers end.
    sensing danger i jumped to indica vista good but ain't no different than swift.
    finally Fiat punto.
    I regret badly. Regret losing good amount of money while exchanging tata vista for fiat punto.
    I regret seriously. Regret,for not considering fiat at first place.

why did i regret?
    I like to own a car for my needs as per my taste. not for show off or trade.
    my taste of ride should be well planted on roads,well behaving,reliable and robust.
    indica vista ticked all partially but that is why within 5000km of running I felt I did a mistake and sold it at 12000km.

13000km in my punto but still makes me feel fresh and Inspiring
    Thought of selling -No way rather why should I ..any single reason? .
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    LOL. Seems like the new beautiful awesome Swift has caused this particular person to see and say funny things. :D

I pity these guys. They salivate at any half baked cake that Maruti offers them .

Cheers!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
  7. out of curiosity i asked my friend to handover the keys of his swift vdi to me [now old model almost]. As soon as i stepped in, one thing was evident, swift felt like a decade old car with its interiors. Probably i am now used to Punto's interior. The quality of the interior plastic was also not even close to punto. Seating was pretty high similar to Santro. Gear box was good, clutch was very hard and i noted no difference in acceleration, brakes were very poor and the car felt as it belong to cheap class. I still dont understand why people are mad behind it.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I repeat.
    with money in pocket for swift.
    After looking at swift and ritz i decided to go for indica vista. vista was more sensible than swift.
    other than big mouth and big ass (after sales service) there was nothing in swift.
    Moment you ask the price and details they will try to sell you fatter tire,music system,spoilers,body kit,seats rounding off at Rs.40000.
    Else any sensible guy would be ashamed to take out the that car from showroom in stock delivery.
    it looks ugly ugly ugly..!!!
    Yeah a maruthi car with big mouth and big Ass.!!!
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Our Dr.Paddleshifter's (MA) quotes are getting famous in the other Forum :). Congrats Drr :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.