1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Swift launching on August 17th, 2011

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    is FIAT going to react by any means to this?

Even if we all agree that Punto is a much better car than the Swift, looking at it practically, Fiat should create some buzz on Punto atleast to direct some amount of attention towards Punto.

I feel, any buyer in this segment would have only SWIFT in his mind at this point in time, where as if fiat creates some buzz on the punto, there is a chance of not loosing too much of market share...
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    even in shopping malls punto owners get secondary preference in parking lots if a swift is present.

Rarity vs publicity!!!
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As per MASA (Maruti Aeronautics and space administration), has taken some feedback while building up the new Swift. Their highly successful 5 year old space programme has already been grounded 2 months back.

The space capsules are absolutely tailor made for the Indian astronauts who predominently drive on adulterated fuel. Rear is less cramped than before as per the statement as it has been observed that the astronauts in India tend to give more preference to rear space as compared to boot. For carrying bigger stuff, there is a 3 box version of the space capsules.

To make the existing set of brakes more effective while doing maneuvers, weight has been reduced and so has been the maximum velocity been reduced by 0.05 mach.

Kinetic Energy= 0.5 x mass x velocity x velocity. So now the car moves with lesser energy so brakes can breathe. This also carries an advantage of better acceleration and better mileage. Better mileage means better DTE range so can carry lesser fuel which also translates into greater FE. So it's a vicious circling in an geosynchronous orbit.

More research pending.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ Jayadev did u experience that
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yashik ..:eek: I doubt you are spying MASA . Dont reveal their business secrets like this :boxer. Guess what would be the next version of Swift. It will be fuel less. It can float on water & glide on air. (plse dont take it to the roads..). My God we should start a new topic on this...
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dr. Yashik Bansal - PhD ( Maruti Aeronautics)

Next research topic of Dr. Bansal is the effect of various types of "fuels" in the Maruti spaceships. :)
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    practically yes (once),literally no.

Punto doesnt fit in where swift fits. So security guards shoo away moment they see a punto.
    Once a swift guy was laughing at my defeat. It was alright as he was my friend(yet he is swift guy).
    I felt burnt inside . we both showered our wrath on the guard when he revealed the secret.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Looking at the specs it seems there isnothing new about the new swift other than big mouth.

what is amazing is those swift fans are finally admitting that their old super car swift had lot of issues which is somewhat addressed now.

yet looking at the these specs i would wonder if they wont maintain tight lip about "improvements" .
    lol arai FE of 22.9kmpl. arai guys might have gotten rich fed my maruthi folks..!!!
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Where is the Start Stop button as being speculated based on the European specs? That thing is supposed to be highly convenient for the astronauts while powering up the sprintful starter motor of the space capsules with that 65Ah battery.

Besides the only major change I see is that they have finally introduced the ZDi variant as well. VDi will continue to be the most in demand though, judging from the type of Maruti customers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.