1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Swift launching on August 17th, 2011

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I think their research on 'K' series engines needs appreciation because in this rising petrol price, they are managing to give good fuel efficiency without compromising much on the power. I am not talking about any technical aspects. This is just a common man's thought.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I dont think, the petrol motor will delivery 20Kmpl in the city. As ARAI figures are calculated by moving in a constant speed on the highway and some city traffic..
  3. I don't think i20 is a VGT and I hope that swift does not use VGT. If it does then :(
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    cyberdoctorind Hyundai i20 has VGT.

Few question poped out in my mind:

If you take comman mans example, is he aware of FGT or VGT. Does he know abt what is FGT or VGT?
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I don't think. How many of the honda owners know how a iDSI or Vtec work? If Fiat brings Multiair howmany will understand that it is implementation of VVT?. Peple will think only SX4 ,Verna and Tayota will have VVT and Honda has Vtec.
  6. Is honda's diesel technology not called iDti ?
  7. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Well guys , like I always argue , the VVT , VGT , FGT , VTEC , iVTEC , CRDi , CRDE , all these hardly make sense to the regular car buyer . Include me in the list . I check if the car looks good , and does it drive like I expect it to and does it give a decent mileage .

For most of the car buyers specially in this segment the 4-8 lakh segment , the fuel efficieny , although not a primary factory , if definitely a deciding factor . And if Maruti Suzuki says that SWIFT give 40kmpl , people will believe it . I think such is the brand recall of this car . Ask someone for a hatchback car priced in the range of 5-7 lakhs and the first response you will get is SWIFT . So naturally when a , so called , common man goes out to buy his car he first goes to Maruti . Doesnt care if its iVTEC or VTEC or DDiS , whatever that means . He just wants to know if he would be able to service it across any corner in india . Knows for sure the spare parts will never be in shortage .
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think the diesel engine is iCTDi.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    New Shit ah Swift will be launched on 17th August.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    The new Maruti Suzuki Swift garners a whopping 25,000+ Bookings

Suzuki Swift Hatchback
    If it is a Maruti, it will sell, and sell well in India. Now, we aren’t talking about the CBU’s that Maruti sells like the Kizashi or the Grand Vitara, but the likes of the Maruti Alto and the Maruti Swift. The new Maruti Swift, according to NDTV Car’n'Bike Show anchor Sidharth Vinayak Patankar, has garnered no less that 25,000+ bookings, and that is even before Maruti has launched the car in India, leave along announcing the prices or the specifications.
    Representing the sheer faith that Indian car buyers have in Brand Maruti, the New Maruti Swift is all set to beat every other car, this year, in terms of the sheer number if bookings that it is managing to get. A leading Delhi Maruti Suzuki dealer alone has reportedly clocked around 2,000 bookings, which reflects the kind of hysteria surrounding the new Maruti Swift. With this, the expectations around the new Swift will have multiplied many fold and we can only hope that Maruti, in true blue Maruti style will price the car just right.

The new Swift will be available in both petrol and diesel engine variants, along with a host of new features that were previously missed by current Swift owners. A large chunk of buyers of the new Swift are also expected to be the existing Swift owners, who after being quite satisfied with their current Swifts would want to upgrade to the new model, which offers, amongst other things better fuel efficiency, both in petrol and diesel engine guise.

August 17th is when the new Swift will launch in India, and Maruti dealers are currently being swamped with Swift bookings. The production of the new Swift has already commenced at Maruti’s Manesar plant. Given the huge number of bookings Maruti has gotten for the new Swift, we’re only hoping that the waiting period for the new Swift remains at acceptable levels, as that is a major cause for concern

Ref:- Click Here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.