1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Swift launching on August 17th, 2011

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kedar bhai Swift ZDI is not Punto 90hp's rival.

It is at best Punto 75hp's rival. The 90 is where it is always lonely - at the top. :)
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I personally feel the pricing is killer and it is the deal maker for MUL.

If people notice the Swift LDI is priced exactly similar to Punto Active and the major difference (in eyes of we Indians) is the front power windows and nothing much. Power windows can be done easily on swift by spending 5K.

If you compare Punto Emotion it is way pricey than Swift VDI (I expect MUL to provide music system in VDI like they do in Dzire VDI)

And again coming onto ZDI with Emotion Pack, FIAT Lover rightly said that most people don't care about bluetooth and seat split. So i feel that Swift will hit Punto very hard and we should be well prepared to see Punto figures also in 3 digits like Linea.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
  4. No change in Diesel Engine, same bhp and torque, chrome accents seems to be copied from punto.
  5. my collegue was with me when we opened the swift site now. I told him that this is the new swift:

Here are his first words for it:

"New swift? what is new there colors?"
    "why is the door having a dent?"
    "It is still looking more uglier now"

LOL
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Chetan

There is change in BHP and Torque, Chrome Accents, MID copied from Punto
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Swift VDi should be compared with Punto MJD Dynamic not Emotion variant.
    Swift VdI wont have Music, system in it

One thing is for sure Ford Figo sales would increase further due to increase in Swift price.
    Actually I won't be too surprised if Punto sales show some improvement. Only thing going in for old swift was it's price compared to punto but now that they stand equal in pricing.
    If fiat gets wise and utilizes the swift waiting period as bonus, sales will increase but for that they have to do to promotion very very enthusiastically
    Punto on paper has better engine specs too 76 Ps vs 75Ps of swift and 197 Nm Torque vs 190 Nm of Swift that too at 1750 rpm instead of 2000 rpm of swift.

And like all other cars from Maruti, Swift ZDI wont sell much sales will come from LDi and VDi unlike Fiat's whose top selling variant is Em Pack.

Already ugly back of Swift have transformed into even uglier looking back.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Probably FIAT should start an advt campaign, "When you have a FIAT car with FIAT engine, why go for a maruti or TATA car with a FIAT engine" or diesel cars ? That would throw some logic to buyer's minds!
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    nice ones, but it will attract many legal complications for fiat :)
    i just saw the new tata aria ad. its so nice. why is fiat shying away from advertisements?
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Agreed to Vijay :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.