1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Swift launching on August 17th, 2011

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Unless the older metal fuel tank weighed something like 80kg's, there is no logic in that alleged logic.

Knowing Maruti and their love for lighter and not necessarily stronger metal , even the older metal tank would've weighed as much as the present plastic one. You know what i mean .:)

Plus, cars gain some weight when they are stretched. The new Swift has been stretched 50mm and has paradoxically reduced weight.

I know the response to this will be that Maruti are using stronger but lighter metal , BUT had Maruti used such a metal they would've stood atop the Qutab Minar and shouted about it. Just like their marketing department has made people talk non stop about plastic tanks.

So, the light Swift has become lighter.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maybe, earlier fuel tanks in Swift were indeed heavy. I have a new theory. :p

I wonder what happens to all those manhole covers and gutter covers that get stolen from outside homes and streets. They are made up of very heavy metal. Maybe MASA was sourcing them from scrap dealers and carving out fuel tanks from them. :p

Now I understand where all those gutter covers went.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    A lot of effort has gone into cleaning this thread up by editing / deleting posts that bordered on being insulting or were hitting below the belt to the Swift.

Any more such posts and this thread will be locked.

I do agree with Gurjinder, weight cannot be reduced on a car that's gotten bigger by just using a plastic fuel tank. Whether MUL has used lower spec / quality metal is debatable. Also, since we are carpet bombing Maruti for reducing the weight in the Swift, why leave out Toyota? Their Etios & Liva are among the lightest cars in their segment. From what I remember, Etios sedan weighs less then a ton!
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    New MSIL Swift Variant-wise pricing :

Lxi - 4.22 lakhs

Vxi - 4.76 lakhs

Zxi - 5.53 lakhs

Ldi - 5.17 lakhs

Vdi - 5.61 lakhs

Zdi - 6.38 lakhs

* All prices are ex-showroom Delhi

No Bluetooh, 60:40 Split Seat, 206 ltr Boot Space :-(. Handling not upto the mark ( like Punto, 110kg lighter than Punto :) )
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Average indian car buyer will not bother to spend a lac or so more for bluetooth and split rear seat. While I strongly believe that the 40k booking stuff is nothing but a marketing hype, the new swift is likely to hit punto sales numbers, especially because of the MS tag and the pricing.
    How many will dig up and find out whether the fuel tank is plastic or fibre or whether it is fire retardant?
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    fiatlover Punto doesn't cost 1 lac more than Swift.
    Swift ZDI 6.38, Punto MJD Em Pk 6.50.
    Swift prices are introductory means they would go up soon

Maruti overpriced the swift ZDI by atleast 50k.

Punto Active 1.3 Rs.5,17,578/-
    Punto Dynamic 1.3 Rs 5,51,586/-
    Punto Emotion 1.3 Rs 5,94,595/-
    Punto Emotion Pk 1.3 Rs 6,50,609/-

Punto pricing is way better than new Swift, were Maruti people out of their mind when making decision on pricing.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    They know people are gonna lap it up like crazy. Which they did.

No wonder Maruti is smiling and dancing all the way to the bank. :D
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.