1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Swift launching on August 17th, 2011

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly what I was thinking when I saw Soundar's post. Moderator duties apart, even I am lovin' it. This thread has given much needed break from serious posts apart from 3 other threads in hangout. ;) :D
  2. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I was away from the forum for few days. So when I saw the thread with the word - 'Swift' and running into 10+ pages, I wondered what the fiat lovers are discussing about. Soon I found out it's one of the most entertaining thread on TFI. But guys we are not the only 'Swift' bashers - Remember those video clips shown on the TV - when few Police were actually bashing white swift on the Mumbai Pune Express Highway. Maha Police deserve the No. 1 position.

PS:- The incidence on the express highway was unfortunate and should not have happened in a civilized society.
  3. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Breaking news---- the new larger swift and the new smaller dezire will be having 90 hp 1.3 engines completly sourced from fiat, in top variants
  4. 90 HP for Swift??? A famous saying comes to my mind, "What is the use of power when one does not have control of it".
  5. shopping cart with FIAT engines:)
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, some MASA fanboys at one forum (not the one I hate) are claiming that most cars these days have got plastic/fiber fuel tanks only. Can anyone accurately tell whether Punto/Linea have a metal fuel tank or a plastic/fiber one?
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ^^^
    even my honda activa scooter have metal fuel tank.

fiat linea fuel tank is very sophisticated with additional exotic fire retarding material wrapped around it with Fire prevention system which cuts off fuel supply to the engine in case of collision and minimises risk of fire
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    funny,
    It seems masa is on success path.With 90hp on paper light cars, which would shoot into space faster than light.

It is strange or may be for limited editions.
    It would be cutting the same branch on which they are sitting. 90 hp mjd is being reserved for SX4 sourced from fiat i guess.
    dejire with mjd90hp will vapourise SX4!!
    anway i am least happy for fiat 90hp mjd being misused..!!
    fiat, it seems soon you will sell your A** too.
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think NASA was aware of this move. 90hp engine being given to the MASA's 3 box space capsule. Fearing stiff competition, they grounded their shuttle programme last month.

Besides, it would be cheaper to import CBU space capsules from MASA though the waiting period of around 1 year means no space flight for NASA for the next 1 year.

@Jayadev- Thanks for the reply. I'll forward your post to the FIATian. He needs help.

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/cars-f12/all-new-maruti-swift-all-details-specs-features-t36209/
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Wonder what is this craze for plastic thing all about. Some months back we were all scurrying to change our plastic CSC to metal ones and I am still waiting for a metal CSC and they are all Gung-ho about plastic fuel tanks! Is it the effect of something they call reverse brain drain :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.