1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Skoda Octavia launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by punto_emotion, Oct 3, 2013.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Surprised to see no thread on the Octi come back or did I miss anything :confused: Any ways here it is -

Skoda today launched its all new Octavia at a starting price of Rs 13.95 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The new Octavia which was first launched in 2001 and marked Skoda's entry in India comes in seven variants, with the top model priced at Rs 19.45 lakh.

"The new Octavia boasts of unrivalled space, timeless elegant design, high functionality, innovative safety & comfort systems, high fuel economy, packed with simply clever features and globally renowned Skoda's value for money promise," the company said.

"The new Skoda available in both petrol and diesel will have three trim options- Active, Ambition and Elegance. The transmission options include- a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed automatic.

"The new Octavia is our attempt to make the best car in its class and we are confident that it will redefine standards in its segment. By virtue of being built on the Group's MQB platform, the new Octavia is larger and yet lighter than its predecessors. A joy to look at and a greater joy to drive, the new Octavia is sure to captivate the hearts and minds in India. Octavia will be a sheer delight for the customers who have an affinity for premium-ness and quality combined with excellent price value proposition," Mr. Pawel Szuflak, director, Sales & Marketing, Skoda Auto India said.

The new Octavia comes with three engine options- 1.4 TSI, 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TDI.

Skoda announced the phasing out of Laura with the launch of the new Octavia.

Source: NDTV-Profit

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    What I observed, the price tag is way high. Let's see if it gains customers like its previous version.

Price Ex-Showroom Delhi,
    Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI Active – Rs 13.95 Lakh
    Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI Ambition – Rs 14.95 Lakh
    Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI Active - Rs 15.55 Lakh
    Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI Ambition – Rs 16.55 Lakh
    Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI Ambition DSG – RS 17.55 Lakh
    Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI Elegance DSG – Rs 19.45 Lakh
    Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI Elegance DSG – Rs 18.25 Lakh
    Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI Elegance CR AT - 19.45 Lakh
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Look at the clean and neat lines. I am just loving it. :)

Picture Credit - Team-BHP
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I saw Octavia on tuesday on the way to Bavdhan pandit service. The presence of this car is different than the older versions.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I love it, like I said somewhere else, if I have that kind of money at my disposal, my next car with eyes closed. :p
    1 person likes this.
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

my choice Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI Ambition.

i will change the rear suspension from torsion beam to muti-link suspension from 1.8 TSI.

6 speed manual gear box with diesel torque is an orgasm.
    3 people like this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Sooz, considering the fact that Laura is getting phased out and Skoda is eyeing new Octi as a replacement, I feel price wise they still did a decent job. With number of engine options, they managed to occupy the segment right from @14L to 20L which is a good strategy.

@ ramjn and Drive3r, same here. Fell in love with the neat and no fuss design. Old Octavia was always a car I admired for its massive and workhorse of an engine. There is an Old Octi taxi in my locality which has done more than a lac kms and still the car is in pristine condition

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  8. I see lot of Laura in the Octi, it is bigger for sure.Skoda cars always impressed me but for Rapid.
    Now used Laura will be cheaper than what it used to be.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The new Octavia is superb in design, fuss free lines. The my vote goes to Silver and Black. The VRS is anyways not coming and the blue too is delayed. Another sore point is the 1.8 TSI not coming with manual box. Thats one heck of an engine to mod.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Lovely car. I'm a huge fan of the older Octavia and this one is the real evolution of that car.