1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New SKODA Fab 1.2 MPI OR Punto 1.4 E?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i wont buy a skoda even if they sell me a brand new superb at lineas price.

Skoda - Chor company. frauds.
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    fabia's interior can really be its USP over punto. fabia has better build quality over punto. only worries can be high ownership cost and a 3 cylinder engine which is nowhere near the refined 1.4 fiat engine. overall fabia looks like a good value if you want to save 70k. but if you are ok with 1.2 why not go for the punto 1.2. even that engine is far better than the skoda. now its your call.
  4. basis

basis Amatore

Dear Friends,

THANKS A TON for all your valuable input, time and effort.

Ultimately I (and my wife) fixed our mind for Punto 1.4 E. (Cost 6.37L onroad in Bangalore as of now).

Now, I have another question.

1> The Tata/Fiat dealers charging 5500.00 as handling charge (as car transported form Pune) . Should I really pay this?

2> Should I go with leaseplan (company provided) or on my own car loan?

3> If I leave the company after 3-6 months so what will happen to my car? How I will it for it? (I donot want to leave the car with company)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

1. The dealer , after a bit of haggling agreed to waive off this charge in our case. Try to make the dealer waive it off.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Ans1: You can try and get some Accessories from the dealer to cover up that amount. The dealer will charge this amount.

Ans2: If your Car lease Policy is such that Company pays the interest and you pay the Principal plus it also helps you to save some tax... I would say go for it...
    Do a bit of calculation and check how much the car will cost to you in both the cases. I am sure Car lease policy owned car would be cheap.

Ans3: If you plan to leave the company, you need not give your car to the company instead you pay the outstanding amount and i guess Company will not issue you a relieving letter unless you clear all the dues and car lease policy amount is one due from your side. You will receive the NOC from the compay after clearing dues and you can get the car transferred to your name easily but the problem lies here is if you switch in 3-6 months you should be able to pay the outstanding amount and if you are not go for own car Bank loan.
  7. Car Lease is anytime beneficial to you and you save quite a lot on taxes.

In case you resign before the tenure of the lease, you may pay the difference between the current market price and amount paid to the lease company.
  8. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

I worked in Harig Crankshafts Ltd in Noida. They were the supplier of crank shaft to Maruti, TATA, HMT and even FORD. I dont presently they are supplying to theses company or not. But balancer was added to every crank shaft for balancing. Two balancing plates were added facing opposite to each other.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You are right to cut the torsional vibrations of crank,crank manufacturer adds balancing plates.

But I am speaking about Seperate & Additional Balancer shaft . I repeat Seperate & Additional
  10. basis

basis Amatore

Dear Mods,

You can close this post as I have decided not to go for Fab as suggested by the fellow experts.