1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Punto seeks speaker upgrade - as of now.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by hirenmistry, Feb 4, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That's because he doesn't use the stock HU :p , He runs a JVC 926 BT which can stream the music output from any app on iOS/Android.
    1 person likes this.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    What is the price quoted for the Focal components?

And what's the bridged power for the PowerBass amp, because you'll be using the rear 2 channels in bridged mode to power the sub.
    Well, I would say that installer plays a key role. Agreed, the parts may be plug and play, but unless you have good hands-on experience in working with them, it's always better to leave the job to someone who is experienced. After all, you are installing high end electronic devices and you would not want local/untrained guys working on your car right? I guess it's the same difference between company owned service centers vs local garages/mechanics.
    1 person likes this.
  3. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Focal components will cost be 8700 @ Ramie and 6500 locally.
    To be honest I really don't know what the bridged power of amp is. Pasting this from the PowerBass website.
    4-ohm Power:
    50 watts x 4

2-ohm Power:
    100 watts x 4

4-ohm Mono Power:
    200 watts x 2

Peak Power:
    800 watts

Is this what you looking for? The details of the amp can be seen here. Linky to PowerBass site.

I hear what you say and it makes sense as well and I am really keen on getting Ramie to install my ICE but a difference of over 7K is substantial.
    Perhaps I'd buy the stuff from my local guys and get Ramie to install it.

Thanks
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Viny , dont you think that a tech geek like you needs a new headunit now ? :)
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Italia-Linea: Its hard to control back:( But I dont want to spoil the dashboard looks, which is already a dated as per my liking :(
    I have other plans of having two HU working in sync, Just need some time to implement the same.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    believe me it doesnt look bad at all. the headunit has orange illumination option very ditto like the oem ones, the fascia panel can be bought directly from TASS @ 228 rs and has same paint as your centre console, and the quality of music you get makes you forget about the dash altogether.
    1 person likes this.
  7. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Guys,
    I have thought of one more possible option
    It looks something likes this:
    Upgrade the stock HU to JVC 926BT
    Upgrade the front speakers with Kicker/Focal components
    Upgrade the rear with Co-axials.

I would look at getting an amplifier and subwoofer at a later stage. All this would nicely fit into my 25K budget.
    What do you guys think about this?

Regards,
    Hiren
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Get the Head unit- 12k
    Get front components - 6-8k ( listen to focals first - they sound a bit on brighter side) try morels if you want natural sound and good midbass.
    Get the rear 6X9 tri-coaxials with good bass - 2.5k

Get a good amplifier - 8k
    1 person likes this.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    This is what I would suggest:
    1. HU : JVC KDR 926 BT - 12k
    2. Front components - Focal - 7k
    3. Rear coaxials - cheapest possible (maybe this?) - 2.5k
    4. Amp - 2/4 channel (Kenwood 845) - 6-8k
    5. Fascia - OEM - Rs 228
    6. Wiring+Install - 3k

Total = Rs 31-33k

I know it is over your budget. And that's purely because of the amp. But trust me, you wont enjoy components without an amp.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Thanks IL, yes I've heard Focal and as you said they're a little too bright for my liking. Loved the Kicker's though.
    I'm not too sure about 6x9 for the rear, I would prefer to install the coaxials in the door.

For the amp, I have shortlisted PoweBass 400.4x4 channel amp or Kenwood 846 (I think).

I hear you :)
    I surely want to go in for an amp now itself but there is a unexpected expense that's staring me in the face (my Desire HD died on me, so need a new phone :()

Thanks a ton.