1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Punto seeks speaker upgrade - as of now.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by hirenmistry, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    search for my ICE upgrade thread in JVC926BT thread. my steering control works perfectly. also the hu has something called as application mode. it controls all your playlists and songs on your iphone/ipod etc.

just press the next button on the steering wheel and the song changes in your handset. all steering controls work perfectly in my linea. which city r u located in?
  2. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Thanks IL, not sure I followed the application mode thingamagik.
    I am from Bombay, and you?

Can you PM me your mobile number, I would love to have a word with you.

Thanks
  3. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    @Hirenmistry,Mine is active model , hence no use of Steering remote for me.But Italia_Linea has already provided you with the details.Thats the beauty of this forum.People are always ready to help.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its quite a good feature. say you have android handset/ iphone/ ipad. just hook that thing on your dashboard or windshield and play video/audio/ navigation on it. the sound output automatically plays through your car speakers via head unit. not only this the head unit takes control over all the functions. so you need not touch the ipad to change the song. just press next track button on your steering wheel and the song changes in your ipad.
  5. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Indeed and I'm loving it already.

Wow, thats a fabulous feature to have.
    Today I got a chance to check out the iPod compatibly with the HU and guess what it works :) I was able to navigate through the playlists using the steering mounted controls.
    This also helped me realise that stock speakers are junk, moment I crossed volume level 15 the speakers started to jar.

The HU remains as of now, but the speakers have to be upgraded with comps up front and coax in the rear. Possibly add a basic 4 channel amp. Any suggestions?

Regards
  6. Hi Hiren,

After searching a lot found few speakers which comes in my budget.

KENWOOD SPEAKER KFC M 1632A 250W
    Hertz ECX 165
    Hertz DSK165 Comps for front & Hertz DCX165 Coax for rear
    HERTZ EV 165L [Energy Series] Component Speakers &HERTZ DCX 165 [Dieci Series] Co-axial Speakers .

There are few more in Polk audio,Rockford also.
  7. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Thanks for this Praveen, can you possibly share the approximate prices for these speakers?

Much appreciated.
  8. Prices Goes here:
    Hertz DCX 165 --2600 Rs
    Hertz ECX 165 --4750 Rs
    Kenwood KFC-1632 --2200 Rs
    Hertz ecx 690 - Rs 6500
    Hertz dsx 165 - Rs 5490
    Polk audio Db 690 - Rs 5490

The prices just got over the phone call from the dealer. This varies again after negotiating if purchased in group or bargaining..
  9. Aren't these prices for a pair of speakers? I read in another link like that - just thought I'll confirm

10. I think it will be a pair