1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New PUNTO EVO Tail Lamp is compatible with Pre-2014 Punto models?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by kharikrishnan80, Aug 8, 2014.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat has change entire electrical set-up for new tail lamp. If you wish to fit this under warranty yo need to change whole wiring. If you are not under warranty then you have to live with error in MID and able to use.

As others said, new one has 5 pin socket than earlier 4 pin. So wiring need to be repalced too. If you can, you are good to go. Fiat is very cleaver.
  2. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just checked with fiat service center yesterday and they informed there will be no mid error.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Do the LED tail lamps costs a whopping 3.5K per piece if required to be replaced in the earlier Punto models? Thats what the people at Balaji workshop told me. Is this correct?
  4. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes ghodlur the pric is about 3.5 k but expected to go down in six months time
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Does this include the change to wiring harness?

Do we have to put any relay to accommodate this new tail light?

It does look awesome in the LED form.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Add 1k as labour cost and taxes. So we are looking at 4.5k per piece and 9K for a set. I think thats very steep cost. And why would you expect the prices to drop after 6 months? In fact I would expect Fiat to hike the prices considering that many existing Punto owners might be tempted to change the tail lamp set
  7. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The SA at the balaji service station is of the same opinion. Anyways the cost for the old punto tail light has come down to 700 currently.
  8. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    MRP is 3k for one, so 6k for a pair and may be 1000rs for fixing, so it shoudl come around a total of 7k.
  9. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    anyone who has done DIY? can they post the steps?
  10. teja8784

teja8784 Timido

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys, I guess most of you all are looking forward to replace the Tail lamp for your Punto with the new EVO. I had today visited Fiat workshop in Hyderabad and checked with them. It seems that the new EVO tail lamp may not fit as it requires more electrical changes. Also, the shape of the C-pillar on which the tail lamps are mounted in EVO is different from the pre-2014 punto. I really felt very sad when they expressed this..... :(:(:(:(