1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Punto Evo 90hp, June 2015 model for 7.61 on road. Is it worth to buy?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Abhiart, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Abhiart

Abhiart Timido

Lucknow
    Fiat Enthusiast
    As I posted some time ago here, I was looking for Glitterati gold 90 hp variant (now discontinued). I sent query to FCA about this. Next day I got call from Landmark Fiat - jeep motinagar, New Delhi that few 2015-16 90hp models are available at the plant. Glitterati shade was of june 2015 manufactured. I have booked it for final on road price of 7.61 lakh from the dealer. They gave me this final offer because of 2015 model. Is it worth to buy it or should I go for 2016 models?
    According to them, only urban cross is being manufactured in 2017, punto evo 2017 batch will start soon, 2016 models are available for 8.40 on road price. There is touchscreen navigation in New 90 hp range but I didn't find it that much useful because it's offline map my india navigation without live update of traffic and there is no mirror display from phone. Please guide me here as it would be my first car. Valuable suggestions will help a lot. Thanks

prabhjot likes this.
  2. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    If it is Glitterati gold you get all black interiors with awesome 16" alloys with Alnac 4g tyres which may not be available with latest models. All black interior is a beauty and gives a plush feel. You can ask whether these are available in 2016 models. Regarding touch screen you are right. Even I'm not a big fan of that. However opinion on this differ.
    My say would be : You buy a Fiat to own it for decade atleast! So simply don't compromise on any aspect. Be it colour, interiors or anything. If heart says urban cross or glitterati gold or any other just go by your heart decision. At any price urban cross or evo 90HP or even Linea it is VFM! Period! You can even check if any Avventura is available.

No other car manufacturer can offer such packages at this price. So take a call accordingly.

Deepak, Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  3. Abhiart

Abhiart Timido

Lucknow
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @KPR Thanks a lot for this prompt and valuable reply. Glitterati Gold shade (the one I was looking for) is available for 2015 model only. They have other shades White, Magnesio Grey for 2016. They have few Avventura as well but I forgot about the shades.
    Yes, like any other Fiatian, I'm also looking for long term purchase. Tipo is coming next year but not sure if it would match ride, handling, built of current generation Fiat.

Sachin patel likes this.
  4. sudharson

sudharson Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Abhiart I have purchased my punto evo dynamic variant on April 2016 and the manufacturing date was Feb 2016 for 7.20 Lakhs and i was having the offer for Emotion variant for 7.91L on road in 2016. I feel for a 2 Year old car the price is high. If you have decided to go with the 2 year old car parked in the yard you can ask for the replacement of the new tyres or you can further negotiate and reduce 25k more and change the tyres if required in another 1 or 2 years.

5. Abhiart

Abhiart Timido

Lucknow
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Is there any difference in engine tuning/ECU between 2015's 90hp models and 2016 powertech (with touchscreen) models? Salesperson said everything is same in engine, ECU etc. I read somewhere that there was ECU update and better tuned engines on late 2015 models. As I am new into driving and it would be my first car (June 2015 90hp model), any suggestions and details would be helpful. My run would be mostly on hills area of Uttarakhand and highways.
    Also, are Avventura and Urban cross engines are better tuned for a more linear power delivery? (someone has mentioned in the forum that Linea 2017 model have some modification in engine from Fiat)

6. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The last ECU update was around Oct 2016 for post 2015 Mfgd 90HPs. But that has to do with emissions and no notable difference in power or performance.
    During TD I had found avventura more agile of the three. Don't really think there was different tuning for the avvy 90HP alone. It looks like you are close with gliterati gold deal. The ECU can be updated in case that June 2015 manufactured is not done so.

7. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    No its totally not worth it , one of TFian in mumbai has bought Evo emotion 2017 model for 8.19L

8. Abhiart

Abhiart Timido

Lucknow
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @moksh but sales person at Landmark Fiat, New Delhi told me that Fiat is manufacturing only Urban cross in 2017 and there is no information regarding manufacturing of Punto Evo in 2017. He quoted 8.30 L on road for 2016 Punto Evo emotion. Are you sure it's 2017 model that you mentioned? Was it purchased from Landmark Mumbai dealership?

9. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Swati Can help you more. " But I went for Red colour of Feb 2017 @8.19Lakhs which is an good deal" his comment on another thread. Yes it has been purchased from Landmark Mumbai and the car is getting delivered on 19th July.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    KPR likes this.
  10. Tushar Mishra

Tushar Mishra Novizio

Kundli, Sonepat
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Abhiart, I know this dealer as I was in discussion with him in May/June for Punto Evo. At that time too he was trying to push me for a 2016 manufactured car stating that he has got very good discounts for these models and he was sure that I could get 2017 manufactured car but they won't be able to provide me a good deal (discount) on it. I declined the offer due to financial constraints & I pushed my purchase plan for Oct/Nov.
    If he still has the stock for 2016 manufactured cars, please ask him for more discounts. As you still havn't booked your car with them and they are in a push to sell off old stock other wise the prices would go further down and discounts up. Also, one more point to keep in mind is I think FCA has made some ECU updates in Powertech series which has trickled down to Linea MJD as well, becuase when I took a TD of Linea and Punto Evo both were very potent (OT: I drive a i20 CRDi regularly so compared to my current drive the response was equally good).