1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Punto BNW 2012-A brief story on how I finally bought it.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by charan, Nov 14, 2012.

1. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Hey fellow Fiatians, I had posted this in the wrong place I guess, I am reposting it!

My name is Charan and I got my Punto on June 11th 2012 but writing this introduction only now(apologies)

My Interest in Fiat dates back when I was 8 yrs old, I was living in wilson garden, Bangalore. I had a neighbor who had a pretty daughter, 2 Fiat padminis and a beautiful house. I was a big fan of his cars and I used to tell my cousins that one day I would buy a Fiat and get that girl too .

I think of it and still laugh about it, I didn't get the girl but I got the Fiat!

Coming back from the nostalgic trip, I first saw the Fiat Punto and Linea in 2009 and I had fallen flat for it as it was stunning and jaw dropping, especially Linea, what an as$ I say, Oh my..Oh my....complete hotness !! I had a Zen vxi then(lovely car). My interest of buying a new car started last year during the months of Aug-Sep. I got married during April last year and wanted to buy a bigger car than Zen, I took my wife along and went on 'showroom hopping'. I went to concorde motors at Diary circle and saw the BNW Punto standing all alone all by itself, I did all possible checks, opened all possible things and saw all possible stuff and REALLY LIKED IT! I hadn't taken it for a test drive yet.

I started researching about Punto from September 2011 onwards, and did a couple of TD and wanted to buy it real bad but I was just being patient as I saw somewhere online the news about Punto Evo being launched so I waited and kept enquiring with the showroom guys if Fiat would launch the Evo any soon and the answer was "NO! Not any where in near future". I was pursuing the Punto and almost decided to book the car In Dec-2011 but my mom comes to me with an irresistible property purchase offer, a 2 BHK flat by a pretty good builder, launch offer near Bommanahalli for an awesome price. I bought the Flat on December 24th and let go of the Fiat, disappointed that I have to drive the Zen again for dont-know-how-much-longer but was satisfied as I bought myself a home. Mom happy, wife happy, sister happy, In-laws happy as I had bought a house but deep inside I was depressed about not having the Punto, every time I would look at a Punto on the road, I would look like a poor puppy with a sad face but I had not lost my hope

Starting March this year, I started getting the new car itch again. This time I thought let me buy a used car since I had invested a lot of money in buying the house and started TDing used cars like Ritz, Swift, Polo, Fiesta etc I thought "Let me see" but wasn't so happy with them. Meanwhile, one day when I was online checking some used car options on Carwale I came across nandi toyota's used car showroom and saw a 2010 BNW Punto 90 HP MJD for 6.20 lac It had done 30.000 kms, went for a TD and IT WAS GOOD! No scratches, No dents, Suspensions were good and engine was good. I started doing what I am good at....bargaining, After a hard bargain and 48hrs, he agreed for 5.65 lacs.

I had finalized on picking this up and went home to tell my wife but my wife was like "Its a second hand car , we have no clue how the previous owner would have treated the car , U never know what could go wrong" so for a moment I thought and I kinda got convinced and after about 2 weeks I decided to buy the OB Punto MJD 2012 Dynamic version.

I sold my third party 2012 Zen vxi for Rs. 1.65.000, This was the best price I could get for it! The next morning I was supposed to book the Punto 2012 MJD dynamic but my office colleagues and some friends wanted me to TD the new i20 and just to be convinced further went and TD'd the i20 sports CRDI, It was a good car but the body roll was clearly evident, I took it on the Kanakpura road for a TD and I lost confidence when I touched 140km/hr, the steering was fuc%!ng light and I hated it , road grip, steering, suspension was nothing like a Punto and the best part was the Hyundai sales man said " Sir, you can't compare i20 to a Punto in terms of road grip, steering, suspension, strong body and other mannerisms but Hyundai can give you the best service" I just smiled

I went on that evening and booked the Punto Dynamic MJD but changed my mind after a week and re-booked the Fiat Punto MJD 2012 Emotion BNW and I waited for 2 weeks, got the car delivered, took the car to the Jayanagar ganesha temple along with my friend and did the pooja and I got a dense rose garland and hung it around the front part of the grill and man It was looking beautiful

Its been 4 months now I have been to Pondy, Chennai, Coorg a lot of after party hang outs and farmhouses, Raasta cafe and Maddur CCD's and now planning for a Goa trip next month and I am Lovin it

This is pretty much my story and hope u guys didn't get bugged as this was a long one

Meanwhile, some 5-6 of my friends with Palios and Puntos are looking at going on a photo shoot for the cars, a place with a comibination of lush green location and dirty/muddy tracks, any suggestions please pass on.

One last thing I would like to say, For the interest of you and your loved ones, ALWAYS WEAR THE SEATBELTS, being cool doesn't mean you dont wear it Just wear it!

Lots of love.....Charan
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    6 people like this.
  2. Hi charan,
    Congrats for your punto, and your Introduction was Impressive,:nicethread but you did not mention that pretty girl's Name..!!:D
  3. Congrats on buying punto....:up
  4. charan

charan

Bangalore
    LOL...Let that be a mystery :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

LOL...Let that be a mystery ;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Arnab!
  5. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    Congrats ....
  6. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Thank you Shanmugam....
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your car. You have expressed your experiences very nicely. Buying a punto is like buying a second home. A moving home because it gives so homely feeling while riding. I tell my wife"We feel like moving in our home"

If you are looking for lush green scenery Goa-Mumbai trip via NH17 in monsoon is ideal.
  8. charan

charan

Bangalore
    I got this car only because I listened to my heart COZ I REALLY LOVED THIS CAR though there were 90% of my friends and acquaintances who advised me against it......I just said "ALL IS WELL...ALL IS WELL"

Neither am I completely blinded by it, I did know that there are service issues and other niggles, the ASS is very slow, the TASS guys have no clue about most of the things, the TASS guy once did not know how to remove the remains of the left ORVM when it broke and he got a screw driver and a hammer break it :eek: I had to help him and he was blushing!

Also, I really like the Linea's rear cabin roof lamp, I asked the TASS guy to fix to my Punto and he says " SAAR, we are not confident about removing the roof panel coz we don't know if we can fix it" and he asked me to visit a car accessory shop.

The point is, though there are small issues like these with Fiat which most of other brands/service centers won't....I am still happy as this car is "ONE HELL OF A MACHINE" :steering.....the way I talk about my car to my friends, they say I need to get a job in Fiat but the point is I love the car so much(touch wood) Everyone after listening to me wants to drive my car and once they drive they don't stop talking about it...LOL

The same guys who had advised me against buying the Punto tell me today that this is a beautiful car and it cant get better than this.....the highway manners is best in the segment and the next closest id the Fabia.....:car

For the guys who own Punto/Linea: "Kudos and Fiat cars Rock!" :dance

For the guys who don't own Punto/Linea: "Sometimes do listen to your heart, the outcome will be pure EMOTION"

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you and YES! I agree about the home part, We Indians are emotional(In a good way)

I am just looking for a place for photo shoot near Bangalore but in case I dont find then Goa-Mumbai would be in my mind....I am coming to Goa for Sunburn next month, let me see if its possible then....Thank you :)
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  9. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Congrats Charan.. Nice write up good narration.. Pics pics pics.. ;)
  10. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    Nice write up, do post some pictures. :)
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012