1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Punto 90hp kiirus remapped

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by gauravpaidukle, May 9, 2011.

1. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Hi Srinag,

As rightly said by Amogh - remap + air is the way to go. Remap helps in increasing power of your car and when coupled with an AIR it will improve the internal combustion increasing the overall power of the car drastically.

But in case funds are something that you have to thing about - first go for the AIR then whenever you have extra dough then go for a remap.

Hope this helps
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Off late!. Quiet a few Lineas and Puntos seem to be heading for the tuning box, remap, etc.

Just wondering is the power that compromised by FIAT.

But as always for us motorheads, any bhp is never enough, more wanted always :p
  3. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

I must say that I agree with you Nkrishnap that FIAT has compromised on power to gain FE as they had bad name due to the low FE in the Palios that were sold.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I find this strange.

Where have they compromised on power?
    The Punto 76 performs well, the 90 even more so.

The T-Jet is there and the 1.4 GP is no slouch.

As for the Punto 1.2 &Linea FIRE , in today's times , all manufacturers have to have a few variants which focus more on mileage than performance.

So, had there been no T-jet, no GP 1.4, no Punto 90, your argument would've held water.

As for the Linea MJD, apart from thei initial turbo lag, i've never found it lacking in power, and never have I downshifted while overtaking on the highway..

The guys who crave for more hp will always go for aftermarket solutions. That doesn't mean we can label these cars underpowered.

5. hi, i va a linea MJD. I am interested in getting my car remapped. Kindly tell me the way to go about it. I want it done as soon as possible.. Either in chandigarh or in delhi. Wherever s convinient for you guys..