1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Punto 90hp kiirus remapped

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by gauravpaidukle, May 9, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

hi Kaustubh, have you remapped your car
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

^^ not yet..he's just got an AIR tho :)
  3. kaustubh_vaze

@Italia-Linea - No remaps since the Palios dont come with an OBDII socket. Yes, but if you want to take a look at the AIR, you may want to meet up in Pune and drive the car.
    The Linea MJD can easily be remapped and AIR'ed if you wanna try it out. Let me know and we can meet up.

4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I have a novice question. What i understood from this post is that Punto Multijet 75HP can be converted to 90HP by Remap/Tuning box. But then why Fiat used a VGT for 90HP? They could have gone for a remap to make it 90HP instead of the costly VGT and the cost of Punto 90HP can be priced better. Is there any other factors involved, like BS4 compliance?
  5. drifter

drifter Regolare

It is easier for the manufacturer to maintain tolerance levels when they are not going to the extremes of a product.
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

So this means that Remap will put the components under stress to some extend.we should be careful about the max load on the engine and associated components and we should settle for an optimum perfromance rather than extream performance, if we are looking for reliability in a long run.

Thanks for the info Drifter .
  7. Bomb?? I think 21k is reasonable price for remap, I know few people like Pete's charge 30K+ for just downloading preset map on the ECU,really he doesn't know the inner/finer details of what's going on behind.
    If things go well it's your luck otherwise hard luck.
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  8. drifter

drifter Regolare

Yes, the components will be strained more, but this does not affect longevity of components in a way the user would feel. Also remember that the torque is what strains the engine and increasing peak torque slightly has rather little effect on the life span of components. However, the real increase in performance comes from holding this increase over much of the rpm range.

Having done many thousands of re-maps in europe, we never had any reliability issues.
  9. Srinag

PLEASE suggest me the revapming of the ECU is worthwhile or not? because i am just taking suggestions for my car also
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Srinag : Don't "revamp" the ECU : just "remap" it ;)

IMHO : A plain remap makes little or no sense. Remap + AIR is the way to go for me

And if you still have some money left : add a FFE to the list