1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Punto 90hp kiirus remapped

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by gauravpaidukle, May 9, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    are you planning to dyno your car? kindly get it dynoed so that you will know the correct gains.

so what rpms is the difference felt in? how about the low end torque etc?
  2. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    I would never believe in what my tuner has said the gains are until and unless I do not see it myself. Hence it is required to get the car dynoed or acceleration test to be done before you put up the tall claims of your tuner.

Suggest we can meet up and to the acceleration test and see if it really works and then put up the same in the forum with our instruments. What say are you game?
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    106hp Punto !! That is one piece to treasure and I am sure Punto minus turbo lag is absolute fun.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @gaurav

The 90 ( now allegedly 106) has to be put on a dyno.

It would be interesting to see the graphs and consequently, the powerband. Plus, you yourself will be able to see, not just feel the results of the remap+filter.

Kiirus and Torque7 should include dyno runs in their remap packages wherever a dyno is available. That way, no room for doubters is left.

Gurjinder.

P.S. Its not the high H.P. figure which can ruin your gearbox. It is the torque which can do that . So keep an eye there.
  5. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    I am happy to see some one sensible and can go beyond the feel factor. We at torque7 have always strived to do what you are saying and it was us who had proven our product on a dyno at the 25th Dec meet. Till date I have not seen any dyno maps from anyone else and all the maps that they show are some fictious maps from somewhere else. We could have done that too but refrain to get any dyno graphs from the cars that we have done back in Europe for only reason being in India the graphs should be on Indian cars and not European cars.

That is why I said I can help in finding out if the car has real improvement or is it just the feel that the owner gets on remapping a car.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    @Kailash

Yeah i saw that thread relating to the 1.2 and 1.4 engines.

But im waiting for a full remap+dyno on the 1.3 Multijet. Preferably the 90hp one.

Something like :
    1. Remap only

2.Remap+AIR

3.Remap+AIR+Exhaust upgrade

Beyond this level, the average Indian customer will not want to go in my opinion.

If you guys can do it this way, then it'll be a readymade marketing thing in your hands. When a customer approaches, show him the figures, hard facts, not promises.

Long ago i'd asked drifter whether he was working on a one-size-fits-all remap but he never replied. So can you shed some light here?

Gurjinder.
  7. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    That a good suggestion - but the only reason we can't do that at the moment is because we have only seen armchair warriors. We can mod our cars and showcase but that is incorrect as we believe it should be a customer's car. We have the goods with us and have lot more experience than someone and Peter is doing car mods even when someone was in his nappies. Till date Peter has worked on over 20000 cars remapped and know them like the back of his hand and someone is ravving about him doing up 30 or 40 odd cars. All data was documented in UK - but to be fair to the Indian customers we did not get any of that here as we feel Indian customers need to know how their cars performs. If you know Peter then you know that he does not need to claim what he has done but rather prove his point by showing real performance gains and he is not a doormat mapper. He has reputation in Europe, Australia, South Africa and in someparts of Asia too.

Well you have a 90 MJD Linea - are you interested then we can use your car as a test car and show you and the others what we are capable of. Or anyone else who is interested let us know and we will surely make your care sweet for you to drive. We will ensure you get the car you always desired. Car which has the show will also have the go it deserves.

Kailash
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Looking forward to a MJD remap by you guys but on a car bought by me. This Linea is me Dad's.

In any case, there shall be plenty of cars coming to you for remaps. Keep us updated about the ones who wish to make their performance gains public.

Gurjinder.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i think mr. peter once stated that punto has weird gear box and gear ratios so nothing much could be done on it. how far does it hold true?
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    106 bhp is a CLAIM !! I don't believe it. Heck - I have seen people manipulate dyno runs too.

Anyway - that apart : I am pretty sure many of us would love to do engine mods on our cars. But I see a huge resistance to it since most of our cars are still in warranty. I for one will NEVER go for a remap alone. According to me, a remap HAS to be accompanied by an Air Intake Revision.

As soon as my cars warranty is over : I would be the first standing in the queue for a remap + AIR. And if it gives me good results : I will shout from the roof top and let the world know !!