1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Punto 2012

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by basis, Nov 2, 2011.

1. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

@basis: I think the face lift will be introduced during the auto expo, but not sure when it will go on sale.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

@gops: agree about the best petrol engine part, but with these hikes in petrol prices, will there be a big enough market if they want to introduce a new petrol unit?
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    @Anoop: Well what if Diesel cars are taxed more(Report from Team-Bhp that Govt planning for additional tax on Diesel cars)is imposed.Diesel cars will become more expensive and still many people whose usage is around 500-700 kms opt for petrol until they dont know the pleasure of driving a diesel.Petrol cars demand will be down , but a good engine will always sell(Honda City still sells around 4k being a petrol)
  7. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Now Diesel price also will increase from 22nd nov.

So, say..... in a situation the price of both petrol and diesel are same then which fuel based car you will opt for?
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

If both fuel price are same, I will still go for Diesel - I love the way the diesel drives.

Let me coin the question in other way - if both fuel prices are same, which one will most people buy? I think most people will still buy the one which will give them maximum benefit in terms of cost. For a given size of engine, usually diesel gives more mileage. Compare a 1.3L Diesel mill and petrol mill - usually diesel mill delivers better mileage.

If both fuel prices are same, it will make sense to introduce the Multiair, but still, the question is, even with the engine, can Fiat pull enough sale to break even the cost of introducing the new engine?

I agree that Honda still sells around 4K per month - but do you really think it is because of the engine? I think the sales of Honda are riding much on the brand value - even if they pack the City with a 1.2L unit, it will sell because it is Honda. Only few people are really concerned about the power and refinement of the engine - most common folks want a Honda City because it is more of a status symbol and have the flaunt value.
  9. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    @Anoop I agree with you.Honda sells because of its premium image ,Anyways lets see what Fiat does..
    And regarding the price of diesel, I dont think in India it will come closer to Petrol price. Diesel is increased 2 or 3 times in a year , But Petrol , I think I lost the count.No Political party wants to touch the Diesel subsidy ,as it will result in more damage.
    But even if both petrol and diesel are priced same, then also I wil opt for Diesel.The sheer pleasure of driving a diesel is not part of a petrol car.And Mileage, Torque too.
  10. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i will buy a diesel, i just love the torque of diesels