1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Punto 2012 premium colours up by 5. Worth it?????

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Deepak R, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys, the premium colors for new punto are tuscan wine, fox trot azure, hip hop black, medium grey, minimal grey. Is it really worth keeping these colors at premium despite the price increase? Also wouldn't the cost for the exterior body parts increase due the premium colors ? Could be a problem for existing users !!!!! :mad:
    Due you think it is really worth?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If these are premium colors, then what are the standard colors available? What is left is only Exotica Red and BNW!
    Minimal Grey was a popular/standard shade in older version puntos. Looks like the best selling shades have been made premium in 2012 model and buyers have to pay 5K extra. I personally feel that this is suicidal.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    As far as I know only Tuscan wine and FoxTrot Azure are premium colours. I wonder who gave you the information about HHB, Min Grey and Medium Grey being premium colours.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    See this from Punto page on FIAT India web site.
    puntocolors.jpg
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Only Tuscan Wine & FTA are the premium colours. Others are non-premium from the begining itself. Ask any Fiat Showroom for details, don't know about new Blue shade.
  6. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I agree with Fiat lover. Fiat site currently has all other colors except Red and BNW as premium colors.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Reflection from metallic shade will be more and so less heat absorption. But I don't know whether there is any noticeable difference while driving.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I do agree that this is not a good move. Hopefully it is a web page design mistake/bug which got overlooked.
  9. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please visit the following link:

Fiat India

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

@ BoseSuman, i inquired about the colors to prerana motors. Even they told me that that 5 colors have gone premium including oceanic blue :)
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bros, it seems like FIAT India has adopted the idea from VW. If you notice Polo, the base variant (Trendline) is only available in Red and White color.

At least FIAT has just started charging a small premium for some colors.

On a second note, here in Chandigarh, around 95% (maybe more) Punto are of Bossa Nova White color. Second common color seems to be silver aka minimal grey.

At TFI, I have seen that Red is the commonest color after white. Perhaps we need to look at the poll that was started for discussing the color of Punto last year.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/polls/23-best-looking-colour-grande-punto.html
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012