1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

new Punter

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ketankhairnar, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Hi guys..I got 1.3 MJD punto 2 weeks back...got permanent license last friday...loving smooth clutch and ride so far.....any suggestions how can I improve my driving and confidence considering that I had done 1.5 m training with driving institute and will be driving brand new car...
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI !!

0. Drive safe and wear your seat belts !!
    1. Keep your ORVMs open, it will save your cars body from most of the scratches, its there to save you by all means, so keep it open and look into it regularly while turning.
    2. Dont drive on roads without traffic, its good just for getting steering balance.
    3. Let the ones behind you stand on top of you and honk loudly, dont get tensed up or irritated, keep cool.
    4. Lookout for all the 2 wheelers, they are at a less safer state

there are more gurus here. you will be bombarded with suggestions. :redcar
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Ketan.

Attend one of the TFI meets. You will get a lot of tips about improving driving style :)

Amogh
  4. Ketan, don't worry driving confidence comes gradually the more you drive, Within no time driving will be your second nature .Welcome to TFI and enjoy puntoing !!!
  5. @Pran keeping cool and being newbie driver is very very difficult; but I somehow managed to drive around Pune and took car to office today

"Don't drive on roads without traffic" is ironically the best advice. (applicable only after you could drive without problem on empty patches)
  6. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Be calm & cool yar, otherwise you are going to damage your car. If somebody is going to overtake you leave him the way, how much in front will he go in traffic might be one or two car lengths or 10 minutes in advance to the destination. Going late by 10 minutes is not going to make any advantage.

Happy driving.