1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Owner - GP 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by salil, Dec 30, 2011.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Salil i bought my car last year on 31st Dec -2010 . It was a June-2010 model . Did not even do a PDI as I was not a TFI member then ; in fact got to know of the manufacturing date after a few days when I decoded the VIN. Touchwood ; till date its working perfectly fine and has done 20K. So I guess going for the july model should be ok if the PDI is ok.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    FMJ equals - June and not July. But still it is fine to take a car if the discounts are tempting. Do a through PDI. Mount the car in the ramp and check the bottom as well. Check the paint quality / rust as they might have stored the car in open space for quite some time.
  3. salil

salil

Thane
    Hi All,

I am due to take the delivery of the MJD tomorrow.. I have done a PDI as per the checklist.. externally it seems ok.. a small 2mm paint scratch on the side, which the dealer has promised to fix...not rusting inside/ engine panels...Although did not get a chance to check it below the body as there were lots of delivery vehicles, so couldn't take a test drive. Electricals are all fine... Must say that the music system is not great, I intend to change it soon...

Is there any specific advise/ more PDI that needs to be done before I get the delivery?

Also, are there any compatibility issues that anyone has come across when you have installed JBL/ Pioneer/ Sony etc speaker/ subwoofers..I mean apart from Blaupunkt...

Thanking you in Anticipation...
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have got JBL components and co axials installed. Output is great. Only thing lacking is door damping. I will reply in the evening with full details. Hard to edit on mobile.

Also check Hertz DSK165 comps before finalizing your speakers. And Rockford Fosgate comps. Dont fall in the trap of installer selling you infinity kappa speakers. They defo need an amp. Stock HU wont be happy playing them.
  5. salil

salil

Thane
    Thanks Yashik... Shall wait wait for the details..
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Salil, sorry I forgot to reply here. What about the speaker upgrade? Done?