1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Owner - GP 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by salil, Dec 30, 2011.

1. salil

salil

Thane
    Hi TIF,

This is Salil here from Thane. I have booked GP 1.3 MJD E+. Hip Hop Black. I am taking the delivery of the vehicle next weekend (7th or 8th Jan). Had visited the dealers stock yard to have a look at the car. The Car allotted to me is a July 2011 manufacturing month (the VIN no ends with FMJ) The meter reads 58 kms 'H'. Have raised it to the dealer who say that, it is the only vehicle available at the moment. Also, suggested to wait for the EVO due to be launched on 3rd Jan. But, none of them are sure of the changes as well as the pricing for the same. I am happy with the older model as well, but taking a vehicle almost 5 mths old when a new model is due for a launch.. I am little confused now...

Is it ok to take the 5 mth old car? Any idea of the changes in the EVO model? Pricing?

Any advise/help??

Thanks

Salil
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Salil.
    First, there is no plan to launch EVO in India in near future. The only change expected is beige dash, and could be increased ground clearance. Take a call.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

If i were you i would wait.. but a good discount will make things a bit different.
    mine was may or june make..got it in October.. if the H is there..then no problem..yet again check and make sure everything is OK before taking delivery.
    As Ravi said..'no plan to launch EVO in India in near future.'
    better to have a new model.. personally i like the looks of current punto than evo..
    Price may be on the upper side.. as the current discounts may not be available. one things for sure, will be competitively priced...
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  4. salil

salil

Thane
    Thanks Ravi.. Is that the only change expected? I think 171 mm is a decent ground clearance How about the 5 month old car?
    I have a Fiat UNO, I did not face any major problems with the 150 mm ground clearance.. I am attracted to buy the current model as I am a big fan of the same..

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Thanks Thomman.. I am getting a cash discount of 14k, exchange 20k, corporate discount of 7k free insurance 22k .. plus the value of my old Fiat UNO...

5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The current GC is also sufficient, I never felt any big issue.
    If you are satisfied with PDI, go ahead.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

talk and get some free stuff... i got usual.. mud flaps, carpet.... sun film and reverse sensor.
    specifically ask for the brand for sun film..
  7. Salil ,
    I would also suggest to go ahead with your decision of buying July manufactured car if you are getting a good doscount .

1.Take the print out of the PDI Check list and do a thorough PDI .

2.171 mm of GC is very sufficient unless you are planning to do Off Roading . (remember that in hatch most of the other brands are having less than 171mm). Even if the new version comes with
    180mm + GC I am really not sure how it s going to (negatively) affect the handling of the car . The handling is just awsomein existing version.

3.The new version of Punto will be atleast 2 -3 % more costlier than the current version .

Ajit
  8. salil

salil

Thane
    Hi Thomman,

I am getting those usual free stuff as well..

Thank you

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Thanks for the advise Ajit..I have done the exterior check, I am due to visit the showroom tomorrow for a detailed PDI.. Anything specific that I need to look out for.. ??

Salil
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Salil, welcome to TFI and congrats. Well, as per spy pics this is the new Punto 2012 as shown in the following thread:

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-india-news/4241-scoop-snaps-2012-facelifted-punto.html

You can see that the external changes are nill.

I have been driving Punto MJD on 171mm GC and I have not faced any issues as I always slow down (I slow down to as low as 10-15kmph) on speed breakers and potholes. Racing over them is not good for suspension of any car.