1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Michelin XM2 tyres for Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by atul-mca, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not True.
    True, but not specific to Delhi or NCR, its universal.
    1 person likes this.
  2. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    Finally after a lot of confusion among Michelin XM2/Yokohama AVS V550 DB/Apollo ALNAC 4G, got the Yokos for 5000 per tyre (195*60*15, Linea) after buyback of old tyres from Reliance autozone. You might be wondering where did Apollo creep into while we were only discussing earlier two. Actually one of my friend's friend who is a tyre dealer told me about Apollo's 4G tyres, these are new in market but absolutely VFM tyres with low noise and better grip than the Accelere's. Read the reviews about them and a few test reports where these tyres have scored quite high, its just that didnt want to be the first one to try these out.

Have only drove from autozone till my office and initial feel has been good. Steering has become much more lighter and there is almost no noise, just felt that ride has b ecome a little bumpy (maybe due to the tyre pressure, i went for FIAT suggested pressure of 33 PSI, as they did not have much clue about what would be the right pressure for these tyres), will drive on the long way back to home and will post later with more reviews.

Anyone can suggest better pressure for these Yokos?
  3. govindankvs

govindankvs Novizio

US
    US
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Drove with 32psi for 650km to Kerala, drove back to blr @33psi. Wife was very observant and felt bumpiness on our way back. I did not feel any difference. Currently driving at 33PSI .
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The recommended pressure should be fine. 33psi in a cold tire, cold being the important aspect.
  5. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    Drove on highway and noise is non-existant at low speeds, but at high speeds theres still a good amount of noise, whereas was expecting lot lesser with these DB's. Taking sharp turns at high speeds does not give that confidence which accelere's used to give. however these yokos are made in japan.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    How many km's have you covered since you had them fitted?

Let them cover 500 or so km's so that the initial rubber wears off and the tyre adjusts properly on the wheel. Then take a call on how they perform.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Also please check the Air pressure,i got Turanza ER60 2 days back,and steering was too light and car started making abnormal noises from the rear.
    Next morning i checked the air pressure.
    Both Front tires had 47PSI each
    Left rear had 56 PSI
    and Right rear had 59 PSI

:eek:
    Feel like killing the guy who filled air in the tires.
  8. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    Isnt that a tyre bursting pressure? Mine YOKO V550's have this mentioned that do not put more than 41 PSI, whereas your mentioned numbers are way too high. :eek:
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Do post the review of Bridgestone Turanza ER60. Its been a while I have seen someone opting bridgestone tyres over Michelin or Yokohama.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Sure will do.
    I had XM1+ in my ex Accent.
    And Scorpio is Currently shod with Michelin Latitude Cross.
    Some how experience has been Okaish with Michelin.
    Hence i opted for Turanza,and chose it over DB decibel and C drives.