1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Michelin XM2 tyres for Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by atul-mca, Sep 5, 2013.

1. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    Still confused as to what tyre to choose as I read different opinion at the following thread about XM2 (not so good reviews of XM2 by the users)-

Michelin XM2 tires India - Page 23 - Team-BHP

I am thinking of going for Yokohama A drives now as these seem to be a balanced mix with decent price (4900 per tyre). As the thread claims of XM2 being hardened, defeats the purpose of choosing xm2 as i was looking for comfort tyres.
  2. A drives are no comfort tyres...go for xm2..it is the best of bith comfort and grip...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Both XM2 and A drives are similar. But whatever favors the A drives is the cost difference. A good 600 bucks per tyre. You should not be going wrong with either of the two tyres.
  4. govindankvs

govindankvs Novizio

US
    US
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you consider Yoko avs db v550 ? Had recently bought @5100/tyre. Has better sidewalls . Drove over a pot hole at ~60-70km/hr( bad guess, less visibility due to heavy downpour in Kerala) and thought of a sure cut/crack . No visible damage seen.
    it has a 'made in japan' marking if you are worried about the ones mentioned in TBHP thread about 'Thailand' and 'China'
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    That hardly indicates anything unless the pothole was very big. Also at good speeds like 60-70 kmph and above, most of the times the tyre will not go inside pothole but will glide over it unless ofcourse the pothole is very large.

I have driven over hundreds of potholes of all sizes (not very large ones though) and at different speeds with michelin plc without any damage to the rubber.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I concur what you are telling. My close pal's Linea too is running the AVS DB 205/60 R15 tyres. He has already covered close 15K kms. He is driving it the way he has been driving GT3s for 25K kms. Absolutely no isses till date, though he had a puncture last week. He is not the kind of a person who slows down on a bad patch of road. He flys over it :evilsmile.
  7. govindankvs

govindankvs Novizio

US
    US
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Had it been a gliding experience, I would not have mentioned at the first place:). The pothole was decently nasty one that I had to stop immediately to check for damage in the rain. Wanted to just share my experience with v550. So we have decent data point of 100 potholes over 1 nasty pothole!
  8. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    Thanks @Govind, read reviews for Yokohama AVS V550 and impressed by overall feedback. Zeroing on the same, getting this for around 5200 per tyre for 195*60*15 (Linea size) as compared to ~5800 for Michelin XM2
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    i find c-drive at par with gt3 in terms of handling.wet grip is so awesome, joyful during rains.

i am a fan of Gt3 as well
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    I talked to Reliance autozone and they have offered YOKOHAMA AVS V550 DB at 5100 per tyre after adjusting the discount for buyback of old tyres. They are also offering free balancing and free nitrogen for 1 year. I also talked to tyreonwheels.com and they are offering the same at 5050 per tyre to beat the reliance quote, they also said Nitrogen should not be filled in Delhi/NCR as if you now fill nitrogen and tyre gets punctured, then you will get normal compressed air at most places, mixing both will harm the tyre, hence there is no benefit of filling nitrogen in DELHI/NCR. Is this true?