1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Michelin XM2 tyres for Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by atul-mca, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Re posting the you tube link
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    But the Michelin website tags XM2 as "new". Are we getting confused between XM1+ and XM2, or is that these are a new generation of XM2? When I enquired, Govind did tell me that the PLC is not being produced anymore, and XM2 with better side walls are slated to take it's place. Let me check with him again.

Rajan
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Rajan, you are correct in saying that PLCs are older tyres.

Just checked the following links from Michelin India:
    Michelin launches new MICHELIN Primacy LC tyre in India / News / News & Promotions / Home - www.michelin.in
    The new MICHELIN ENERGY

Not sure about the sidewall part though!!

XM2s were not available in 195/60 R15 size. still the michelin india website doesn't list them.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If my limited knowledge of these matters is correct : PLC has been replaced by Primacy 3ST. XM2 is the successor of XM1/XM1+. Both these tires are in separate segements.
    2 people like this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    XM2 is the economy category tyre similar to the XM1/XM1+ where as the 3ST and PLC and premium comfort tyres. Yokos too have something similar, A drives and the AVS DB series.
    2 people like this.
  6. I consider xm series as the best balanced tyre for avg offroading as well as great grip on both dry and wet roads..but till now there was no possibility for us punto owners to get it in stock size, but is it really launched now at last?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, the XM2 is finally out with the 195/60 R15 size. I had been to the Michelin tyre care centre in HSR layout, the person there quoted 6000 bucks for XM2. Of all the various tyre shops I have visited Madhus, Tyre Empire, Michelin, Millivison, Tyre professional, the best quote I got was always from Sai Iyengar (with Ashwin and Nithin) for both my requirements of two wheeler and four wheeler tyres. Some tyre shops are yet to get the XM2 in the 195/60 R15 size and a few others are still unaware of it.
    2 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Quoting myself - This was posted last Sunday.

Rajan
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Just called Nithin to confirm the availability of XM2 and the price. The best price that he can offer is 5600 per tyre with alignment and balancing FOC. If the old tyres are ok, one may get some sort of salvage value too.

Store: Sai Iyengar Tyres, near IIM B, Bannerghatta road.
    3 people like this.
  10. Thanks for the info buddy..you really made my day..I have been waiting for this news since ages.and the best part is the details of the shop you have provided not only the deal is cheap but all invlusive at that price makes it sweeter..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    1 person likes this.