1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Michelin XM2 tyres for Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by atul-mca, Sep 5, 2013.

1. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    Any feedback on Yokohama A drive, C drive or S drive?
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I used to maintain 32psi until recently I reduced it to 30psi and tried. Now the tyre seems to be doing the duty right. With increased pressure, Yokohama C drive neither feels like a comfort Tyre nor does it give you confidence to take the corners at high speeds.

However, the next set of tyres I would opt for shall surely be performance oriented and not comfort oriented :D

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  3. I have driven my Palio on GT3s. Good grip and handling, but high noise. Presently, i have Michelin Energy XM2 on my GP, and it does an excellent job in terms of grip and noise. Nice tyres.

Talking of soft sidewalls and cornering.
    Soft side walls on higher side profile tyres will have a higher impact on cornering than soft sidewalls on lower profile tyres. Eg: the Michelin XM2 195/55/R15(if there is one) will be better than XM2 195/60/R15 when it comes to sidewall flexing during cornering.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Went to Millivision today to get rotation and alignment done. Checked with Govind and he does have 195/60 R15 XM2 in stock. Priced at Rs. 5720 per tyre.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

S drives do not come in 195/60/15,they are available in205/55/15
    I would choose C drives over A drives.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A-drives are good budget friendly no-nonsense tyres. I have them on the Palio currently and they've been good.
    1 person likes this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Read this interesting bit on the definitive forum.

8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ That is true. Govind did tell me that the XM2s are a replacement for the PLCs, where the sidewall issues have been addressed. Given that he deals in tyres, I trust the info. he shared.

Rajan
  9. Is it, PLC is relatively newer tires XM2 is older that is what Cheery tire guy told me.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Here is Xm2 Over-steer test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hniEwX7feZs
    1 person likes this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thats what i also came to know while buying my PLCs :)