1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New member joining in from Chennai - Hello to TFI

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RedPoint, Sep 2, 2013.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Congrats on your booking.

From what I can recollect you should get the VIN number once it's in transit itself.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks teky for your wishes.

I have been told that the vehicle is on transit and they have given that partial VIN. The SA told that the last 3 digits can be revealed only after the vehicle arrives at the dealer stock yard. Also he told me that I can always reject it if i am not satisfied (or) if it is other than AUG month manufactured.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is not true. The entire VIN can be obtained even if the vehicle is in transit. Is this the process followed by the dealer?

Sounds good.
  4. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    This point which made me calm. Still I can insist him for the entire VIN.
  5. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Now I have got the complete VIN (including the last 3 digits). Yes it is AUG manufactured as promised by the SA.
    The VIN is 'MCA11855E0XXXXXXXHKZ'

What details I can extract from the serial no 'XXXXXXX'? Please share if you have any idea.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Please do search for VIN in this forum. THere is a thread specific on this topic.
  7. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    The vehicle has arrived to the stock yard and will be brought to showroom tomorrow for customer PDI.
    I have the TFI PDI check list with me I can use them to do a PDI.

As this is my first car and I am not much aware of the automobiles, can some one join me in doing the PDI at Ramkay, Velachery?
    Please PM me you mobile number if anyone from Chennai is interested to join me.
    because I do not want to missout anything during my first buy.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I would have loved to, why do these situations arise whem am not in town! First Sreejith s Jet and now your Punto. I will PM my contact you can call me anytime for help.

I hope you have completed the PDI by now?

Congrats and please share pictures, it's long since we saw a brand new ER Punto. :D
  9. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Hey DRIVER, Yes you are correct. I just have completed my PDI today evening. There were very few observations and it is promised by them that they will fix it during delivery.
    The story went like this.
    Today afternoon, when I came out of my flat to go out, I just saw a guy washing his car (of course it is a punto) inside our apartment. I went to him, introduced myself and told him that I have booked a ER punto and I about to for the PDI today. I requested him if he can join with me for the PDI. Immediately he agreed and happy to join me for the PDI.
    During some conversation, I came to know that he is a fiat-chrysler employee. That was real luck as I did not even think till morning that I can get a guy from fiat to do a PDI for my car.
    I was mentioning about DRIV3R to him saying that he could also have joined if he got a chance to see my previous post. But it is unfortunate that DRIV3R is out of town.
    DRIV3R, Just take her for a spin next week after the delivery and share your views. Anyways I am residing near to you. I would love to hear it from you. :)
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sure, anytime, only thing I do not know when I will be back to base, currently working from BLR. :)

Car would be fine, don't you worry. By any chance was the Fiat-Chrysler guy's Punto Minimal Grey(silver) in color?