1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New member in my family - GP 90HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by PuntoRoman, Jun 2, 2011.

1. PuntoRoman

Hi TFians,

I just happened to complete PDI for my GP 90HP BNW today noon. Overall outcome is Good. Unable to drive the vehicle, as the yard in-charge was not ready to allow me to take the vehicle out of the premise.

Did fair exterior, Interior - Check.
    Started the power house and checked Infotainment and Auto AC units. Checked Cockpit light, door panels, etc.,

Due to heavy dust storm, the vehicle appearance was not good although the interior was intact.

Here you go - Some of the first snaps if our new family member:)
  2. Hi Puntoraman, let me be the first to congratulate you.
    Happy motoring and drive safe.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congrats Puntoroman

I have a big crush on the Punto 90 :p. Its a really balanced car from all aspects,

4. PuntoRoman

The delivery will happen between 12:30 to 1:30 pm tomorrow (03/06/2011).

Find further snaps taken at the time of PDI:

5. drarvindc

Reminds me of my 90 hp at the time of PDI. All wrapped up in plastic including the edges of dashboard. On the windshield OK is written in chalk?

Best of luck and drive safe.
  6. PuntoRoman

Thanks Arvind:)
  7. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Luvly Pics, Grt color.

Looks like the dust storm was really heavy as dust is visible on the car
  8. PuntoRoman

Hey, Finally New member of my family arrived on 03.Jun3.2011.

At 3 pm (03/June/2011):

Went to the Dealership in the scorching Delhi sun along with my wife and bro. Saw the firs glimpse of my 90HP. Wow so clean without any yesterday's (at the PDI) untidy exteriors. Greeted by the Sales Manager. As I had requested them to take care of total of last 4 digits of RC # not to be "8" (numerology):) it took 2 hours extra for them to get the RC # checked and confirmed from the RTO. In the meantime, I completed exchange car formalities (Bye bye my Lancer SFXI 2001 petrol).

At 5 pm (03/June/2011):

Finally got the RC number as per our request from the RTO.

My wife and bro asked car key to the sales manager to check Infotainment and other control panels of the car. Sales manager nodded but never returned with then key for next 1 hour (I was completing my paper work formalities at the Cash Counter).

Wife and Bro started loosing their temper and started arguing with the Sales manager for being defunct in delivering the car within minimum time.

I came in the midst and kept the situation subtle.

At 6 pm (03/June/2011)

Sale Receipt of my exchange car handed over to me.
    I started my 2nd PDI t ensure everything is intact as it was observed on 2nd June 2011 in PDI.
    Brother took exterior checking command, myself & my wife with interior.
    We observed few niggles (Boot door upper beading was protruding out, right side windshield intact rubber was slightly mis aligned)
    The Sales Manager called the technicians immediately to fix the same (it was fixed finally)
    It was simply superb to tally with the given PDI list (excel format which I took from this forum) with the practical features of the car. Even though it was a exhaustive exercise, it helps to a greater extent. This also gave the fear factor or sense of responsibility for the dealer employees as well.
    The Mud flap and Floor mats were installed free of cost in the interim.
    Blue me controls, Audio controls, ACC were thoroughly examined and checked for it's optimum efficiency (initial check)
    Number plates planted.
    All necessary kits provided inside the car are tallied and found to be intact.
    Check list was once again thoroughly tallied by my wife and bro (So happy to get their full support on this:)).

At 7 pm (03/June/2011)

Wife updated the C-SAT (Customer Satisfaction) forms.
    Received all necessary papers, cards, warranty and manuals.

I proudly took the Captain Seat (Thats the feeling i have while driving this car). Wife beside and bro behind.

As a good luck gesture, gave tips to the shop floor boys.
    Could not manage to get gift for the Sales Manager (Mukesh) hence invited him for a lunch on 05/June/2011 at my house.

Started driving my 90HP Rock Solid Star.

More inquisitive eyes the moment i drove out the 90HP outside. Sure it sways everybody heart at first sight itself.

Then followed, a tank full diesel drink to my 90HP, a warm welcome at home and neighbors envy, detail ritual in a Tamil temple near my neighborhood.

End Result: Kids were enjoying, wife rejoice & my mind relaxed behind my Rock Star WHEEL.

Will post you with initial days driving experience and interesting details (Cost, discount, Loan I managed to get this 90H).

See the First Glimpse of my 90HP:) and further pictures at the time of delivery.

My Car 006.jpg

My Car 012.jpg

My Car 008.jpg

My Car 009.jpg

My Car 013.jpg

My Car 007.jpg

My Car 011.jpg

My Car 010.jpg
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    this is the best hatchback in india.i booked this car within 5 minutes of test drive experience. back then (oct2010) i was not even aware of what fiat is...!!! welcome to the league of most powerful diesal hatchback in india..!!
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  10. drarvindc

Shining at its best. Mine never shined this much:rolleyes: Congrats once again. Loved the pics.

Drive safe.