1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea Uncovered

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by driver, Apr 9, 2012.

1. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Looks like Fiat has designed the grill inline with the 500 grill theme (retro type). Expecting the punto will also get a similar one.
    IMO they should not have done that.If grill change was in their mind they should have gone for a bigger mesh grill like Jaguar/bentley which could be a better choice.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The grill reminds me of old Baleno or Aveo days. The hanging logo make the personality of the car weak. Is it from a Italian design. Just look at the picture from autofreaky.com below. The new one is no where near the old one
    fiat-linea-monte-bianco101.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. The car looks like cousin of toyota corolla. This was bound to happen of they tampered with the original design.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I would also say that the linea's look should not have been tampered with.
    If anything they should have made it with more cuts and curves not sedate it ...

BUT, FIAT <---- I dont think anyone here would expect better "Looking" cars from you. We expect better fit and finish and an even better A.S.S
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Why is the beauty of Linea being messed around. The existing Lines is so gorgeous. The new one looks like an ugly cousin

I am a strong believer of don't fix it if its not broken, looks like Fiat thinks differently
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    What happened to the curves around the fog lamp area? Re-placed with a trapezoidal finish!?!? Oh.. FIAT.. WHY??? The second pic uploaded here, looks more like the Verna Transform, from that angle!
    p2.jpg

Atleast they should have removed the lower ''Jaw Dropping'' chrome lining! Without that, it should be fine! But now, with that, the best looking Sedan is now going to be the ''funny'' looking Sedan!!! :rolleyes:

Hope this never, makes to India!!! This transformation should again go a face-lift, atleast by removing the lower boat shaped chrome that completely spoils the look, and then hit the Indian roads!
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Imagine this Linea and vento parked together and people commenting "vento looks stunning compared to Linea :A
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    plastic quality was overriden/excused by the exterior looks of linea.
    Now both of them to be overriden/excused with ?

this will not work/click in India..
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  9. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I still don't believe "Italian" FIAT can make funny design like this that too when they had all time class beauty old Linea design.
  10. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    This is what happens whey you mess around the clean lines that Mr. G had penned for Punto, and consequently adapted for Linea. The current Linea is timeless, like the old Octavia in my opinion; very minimum lines, and you can not argue with any line. Everything is as it should be. What I have seen is that Fiat India has been on the lazier side in bringing on the new Punto. Hope they are lazy here too. Who says laziness will not pay off?