1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea T-Jet 2013 Test Drive & Review.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by BoseSuman, Jul 6, 2013.

1. arunsakthi

arunsakthi

Coimbatore
    T-Jet is not available in Coimbatore yet. Fiat need not stock cars, but they can atleast supply if someone needs. Poor customer service :-(
  2. Katra

Katra

Hyderabad
    Thanks Kiran. Have booked Tuscan Wine. Shall ping you in case something comes up during PDI.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Arun T-Jet is also not available in Hubli yet..i want to TD this powerful beast..but still cant do it because we dont know when this Fiat is launching T-Jet all over India..Yes they can supply if some customer in Non Metro Cities needs new T-Jet..But they wont do it..they are still not learning from their past mistakes which they did..Poor service given to customers either it may be for sales or after sales..
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I have to disagree a bit here . For me the interiors looked at par with the earlier models including the 2012 ones which i did manage to drive extensively last year. In fact there are a couple of things which Fiat seems to have improved

1. unlike the older models the rear arm rest cavity now has a leather cover - instead of the black that used to be there.
    2. the ignition area looks nicely aligned and fit looks solid

Additionally for me personally there is no difference in terms of plastics. The ICE is absolutely fine again in terms of fit as is the glove-box - not hanging or anything like that.

i spotted only only problem , if that is a problem was that the boot cover appeared to have a little gap where it met the rear window. will put up a photo for reference.

Attaching some random photos of different shots of the interiors for reference in terms of fit and finish being good.

F1.jpg F2.jpg F3.jpg

5. Katra

Katra

Hyderabad
    Puchoo,

Nice photographs. Read your review of the T-jet on team-bhp. Your OB T-Jet looks incredible. Congratulations!

I haven't driven any older T-jets however I drive a polo and for me the dashboard of the polo felt more premium that the T-jet. It is a relative thing I guess. On its own T-Jet interiors (seats and plastics) feel decent enough and any day better than the swifts.
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thank you! i Will get the review up here quickly as well. I agree with you , to each his own , for me few cars will ever come close to the fit and finish that my Fabia offers for example including the T-Jet , this is subjective at best and as long as "you are" happy i guess thats all that matters. :-D

7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Have to agree with both here , the increased GC does not change the dynamics of the car but it does make those 16 inch alloys look tiny at the back. Aesthetically its a bit odd , i believe the GC can be reduced back to its original at the workshop but dont know how wise a decision it would be to get it done from there.

Attaching a side shot.

Picture3.jpg

2 people like this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Nice to know that your car don't have misallignment. Hope this is the only car ( what we tested) be the only car with misallignment. Hope No customer will get any mis-alligned part in his car.

Request to all TFI'ans and their friends, please do a thorough PDI and check the parts properly.
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    How much is the mileage you are getting puchoo , Fiat claims its 15.6 Kmpl. previous tjets were claimed @ 14.6 Kmpl also is there reduction in car weight from prevoius tjet? can you please share
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    My mileage is no where near those figures right now , the best i have got is about 11.2 - but this is in really not good traffic conditions - we are talking about it taking 30 minutes to cover 7 kilometers. In terms of weight i can check the owners manual but i dont remember there being any difference.