1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea Photo tour- TD report coming soon

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by BoseSuman, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Tthey are re-introducing Sunbeam Beige as sunbeam gold (with may be some minor difference).
    So OB TJet owners will be quite a exclusive lot from now on as it was on production for only 6-8 months.:up
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    :upCongrats!
    I have enjoyed the exclusivity so far :-(
    1 person likes this.
  3. veryindian

veryindian Timido

Pune + Mumbai
    Wow nice pics. Did you get to sample the audio system? Is the speaker installed better than the outgoing linea? I saw the system turned on in the pics that's why asking ☺:confused:
  4. Volksjager

Volksjager Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    The next big thing we need to worry about is the kind of service that are we are getting for this car. And of course the car is reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I didnt how understood Fiat India has increased kerb weight from 1230 to 1268 kgs for Multijet & how length has been increased from 4560 mm to 4596 mm?
    No silver inserts on steering mounted controls just like how turkey Linea has & sharp & sexy turbine wind blade alloys are replaced by not so sharp looking new alloys,Turkey Linea has turbine wind blade alloys AFAIK.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Fiat Linea Emotion (TJet & MJD) always had 205 rubber. But there is a further increase in kerb weight by approx 20-30 kg. Because of what ??

I am not so concerned about pulling power as such here. I understand that the gear ratios of the MJD particularly are designed so that there is more power/torque in the upper band ie. beyond 80kph. The TJet is faster up to 80 kph, but the MJD can accelerate without dropping the fifth gear in the triple-digit region. As a result, both TJet and MJD are capable of speeds of 150kph sustained.
    Isnt that correct, dear MJD-owners ?
  7. Volksjager

Volksjager Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad

Working of a VGT turbo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp8h5XLLbGA

It's the VGT turbo that's doing the magic in the Linea. I bought my Punto in October 2009 & there was no T-Jet at that time. when my car was sitting at Malik motors for a paint job, they gave me a Linea petrol & it had 195 profile tyres on it.
    You are absolutely right about the performance of the car, but what I mean is, there is a lot of stress on the engine while you have to push the car to triple digit speeds. And a slightly bigger engine will be appropriate for a car as heavy as Linea. And again, I am talking about MJD only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    On what angle are you thinking bro ?? How can extra 68 KGS burden an engine ?? Linea can have 5 occupants .. Each person would load weight of at least 400kgs + if that weight can't choke linea then how can extra 68 KGS can ??

I myself is 92 kg powerlifter guy and my frnds are so too ..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  9. Volksjager

Volksjager Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    I am no way doubting the pulling power of the car. I am expecting decent acceleration at lower rpm's bro. And what I feel is, you cant achieve it when you add weight to the car. So to counter act it, I am expecting a little bigger engine. And I pretty well understand that linea's weight has a lot of advantage in handling. Its entirely my perception & I don't think that its a debatable topic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  10. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.