1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea Photo tour- TD report coming soon

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by BoseSuman, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Simply amazing suman....

New Linea is real change & practical in all points. Cleaver move by Fiat for Linea...:)
    1 person likes this.
  2. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Anyday, I would pick a FIAT Linea (which is designed for safety, performance, design, technology, build quality, style, ride quality, comfort) rather than a Honda CITY which is designed only for (Fuel efficiency)
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Suman, a commendable job indeed.:clapping Thanks for this wonderful post. I haven't see the new linea in flesh but would witness one soon. In my earlier post I mentioned that I still like the look of the old linea as compared to the new one. However, there are some changes that I always wanted in the old Linea. For e.g. the indicators on the ORVM is really great and is a basic feature that FIAT took so long to add. Just wondering if the new ones would fit my Linea ;-). Overall a:nicethread.
    1 person likes this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Well, my first impressions are:
    1) I did not like the instrument cluster. The odd digit marking 10/30/50 make appear a bit radical , but for me the white cluster looked just classic. This one looks straight out of Discovery Turbo garage..
    2) The USB/Aux placement seems a bit odd. I think the USB may tend to be uprooted accidentally while gear shift..Should have been in the dash.
    3) Fiat STILL CANNOT get the panel gap at the Ignition key corrected!!:sad1

4) How on earth have they managed to increase the kerb weight of the car, esp the Emotion variants ? I was looking at the specifications posted in team-bhp, which indicate a kerb weight of 1268kg for Emotion !!
    Although I do not advocate bells and whistles, I think a touchscreen navigation system would have been nice. Nowadays, all sedans will be judged to the 2014 Honda City benchmark sadly, which has this system.
  5. sampy

Really very sad to hear about Mr. Sunil Kumar (GM, Butta Automotive). May his soul RIP.

Hope to see similar kind of treatment of upgrades on the new Punto too....
    How is the sound quality in the new Linea? Hope they have improved...
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Dear All,

Thanks for the reply, please post any details if you are able to find in New linea in person
    Also check the specification for new linea, not sure how they increased height of multijet than TJet.

I asked them, by March first-second week TD vehicle will be available.

This details I haven't checked yesterday, Will update the same in TD report.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Firstly condolences to gm of tejasvi motors. RIP

Very nice clicks, awaiting for the test drive report.
    Are any of these can be fitted to current linea?
    Like orvms, new arm rest, door pads etc

Sent from JET using tapatalk
  8. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

IMHO Linea lost its real beauty it was known for . ADMIRATION GUARANTEED

I travel in many cars. but I cruise in my PUNTO
  9. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Hi folks ! How practical it will be to fit the new front grill on my old T-jet ? And the probable cost !
  10. Volksjager

Volksjager Timido

How much more weight does Fiat expect that poor little engine to pull ? (I am talking about 1.3 MJD ) I understand that Fiat engines have great potential & pulling power, I seriously doubt the FE of the new Fiat Linea emotion with that 205 size rubber. 1210 kilos itself is heavy, now its 1268. Getting 93ps of power out of this small engine seems like bigger manifold intake of the VGT turbo & tweaking the injections. This engine & power output would be a perfect match for the punto. This is entirely my perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.