1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New linea mjd buying decision

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Jsan, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Jsan

Jsan Timido

Mumbai
    Hi,

am from Mumbai. Planning for a new linea mjd. Currently using sx4 zxi from last 2 years.
    dealer gave me an option for a discount on the old shape ( on road price for old shape manufactured nov 2013) for 9 lakhs on road.where as the new shape is costing me 10.8 lakhs. Are the new features worth the price difference..
    ( Dynamic model)
    thanx
    santosh jadhav
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Santosh,

My personal opinion, the old was far more sexy looking thing on the road. A sure head turner. The new one - I am not particularly fond of the front looks. But gizmo wise the new Linea is loaded with lot of new features. Finally it is your choice. My suggestion - Take the discouted old Linea.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For the Dynamic variant, I don't see any difference with regard to features between the old and the new Linea. Rs. 1.8L premium for the new model is not inviting too. Make a wise decision.
  4. Jsan

Jsan Timido

Mumbai
    Thnx guyz.. One more thing i noticed is the rear seats in the new look dnt seem to b as comfortable as in the old look. Btw theres also a used skoda laura dsg 2011 available at 8.4 lakhs. Can it b considered
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A big NO.

There are lot many Skoda horror stories out there to be ignored. No doubt the Laura is a fantastic vehicle but its let down by the pathetic dealer/workshops. So suggest you to stay away from them.

A brand new Car is any time better than an used one.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Jsan

Jsan Timido

Mumbai
    Thnks for your info.

That was very helpful....

Rgrds
    Santosh
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Santosh, with that amount of budget I would go for a new car instead of an old one anyday. The Skoda Laura is a good car, but the DSG is not exactly a trouble free gearbox. It is fun and comfortable to use, however there are horror stories about it failing and costing a bomb to replace. The consistent FE at best on Automatic is 15kmpl on highway, however the Linea MT delivers above 20-22kmpl on highway if driven judiciously. Besides a new car like Linea will offer benefits of company warranty too. With extended warranty unpleasant surprises will be greatly reduced or taken care of.

My suggestion is to stay away from the Laura, unless you are a fan of an ECU controlled automatic gearbox. Manual gear shift is still fun and gives better driving control IMHO.
    3 people like this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    My single opinion.
    The car is great.But go to the spare parts section and ask a single question. Ask if they have a simple spare in stock of a clutch slave cylinder or clutch assembly kit. If they do not have simply drop the idea of buying a Fiat car itself,am telling you from my inumerable experiences and hardships.
    you will have to write to Fiat/Mangeshkar yourself every time you need a spare.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bala that is very different now in this part of India. Torrid Fiat or RS Motors do not have too much of issues with spares. They are well stocked SCs.

Sorry to see you are still having trouble. Also, for our friend Santosh, the Torrid SC is very near to this home and office. Almost a 15min walkable distance.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I can certainly vouch that the unavailability of spares is thing of the past. All major compoenents are readily available at the FASS that I know (Read Ramkay, Chennai and True Sai, Salem).