1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea MJD booking Vin no

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Ragu, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragu

Hey guys

Booked new Linea MJD on 1st April 2014. SA said car reached bangalore on 10'th April and got the vin no on 11'th. It ends with cjz which means March '14 manufactured vehicle. I thought car will be manufactured only after the booking has been made. It seems FIAT has cars in stock. Did a PDI and found no issues. Hope there is no problem in going ahead with this car or should I ask for a April manufactured vehicle?
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

How will you get an April manufactured car delivered in April.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Depends totally on you. It will however cause inconvenience to dealer and you both. Dealers have to maintain some stocks and are dumped with cars from company to make sale, sometimes shifting vehicles from other places/dealers. If PDI is ok no need to ask for another manufactured vehicle. If, however, you had expected that you want a car manufactured in April or May, then that's a matter of will. Waiting period will increase.
  4. nethan

nethan Amatore

It is a common statement used by Fiat Dealers. In my case, I was told the same thing by four dealers (2 in Bangalore, 1 in Coimbatore and other in Salem), but the actual fact is cars are manufactured as per the count decided by the manufacturer and the allotment of manufactured cars to dealers are made by the distribution department as per the bookings received from the dealers. To honest, no Indian Car manufacturing unit has a practice of manufacturing cars after receiving booking confirmation from the dealers. I got my Punto in Nov 2013 and my car was manufactured in Sep 2013.
    Remember, Fiat is struggling to capture a decent market share in Indian Automobile Market and it cars are not sold in such a way compared to other Market Leader directly off the shelve.
    So if there is no issues during the PDI, then better be prepared to welcome your car home with a big bash.
  5. B Balaji

B Balaji Timido

Through which dealer you booked car and what is the Onroad price?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.